Playing this hero will yield bonus XP

I saw this message under many heroes but when I play them and win/lose game I don’t feel any difference.
So what is value of this bonus that it flies under my radar? 5%?

When hovering over the xp you got, you can see how much you got from the Call of the Nexus bonus.
However, this concept doesn’t work too good, meaning sometimes you don’t get the bonus.

There seems to be bug that it possibly re-checks for bonus either at the start of the game or end of the game, but displays the state at the start of the queue on screen. This bonus changes quite fast based on the demand for certain role in MM, so heroes with bonus at the start of your game might be different that at the beginning of the queue. Hopefully, they’ll address this problem soon, but with all the cuts in development team it might not be a priority for them.

1 Like

The bonus is 50%. Aside from issues mentioned by the above posters, this bonus also is additive to others. Going from 100% to 150% is quite a nice increase, but people generally also get extra experience from other sources, like a boost, first win of the day and a party/friend buff. Going from 300% to 350% isnt as noticable anymore.

JUNE update: still not showing this bonus sometimes. For example: was showing I’d get a bonus for playing Deckard at start of game. I play the game. Did NOT get the bonus at the end. After game, I check loadout screen, and Deckard is still on the bonus list. What gives?! I have pics from this, if devs wanna reach out.

what if I don’t want bonus XP? leveling up faster would mean I’d be matched up with more experienced(actually experienced in playing the game) players, right? Which means me losing more often than players who don’t get that bonus XP.