Ranked Requirements are too easy?

We need more experienved players in Ranked. 15 Heroes in level 5 as a requirement is too easy. The reason for it, being that it’s fairly easy to get level 5 fast, and even against A.I.

We see more and more players playing uncarefully, and goes for the kill instead of the objectives.

The lack of experienced players are fatal. It’s very hard to rank up and it’s all about luck. The reason for that, is because players aren’t playing well enough due to the thing that i mentioned above (leveling).

Ranked is not ranked, it’s Quick Match with worse players.

I think it would help alot if the ranked system required 10 Heroes to be in level 10. I find myself being very good at a hero at level 10 - 15. Level is too fast, and new players can easily play ranked today!

Not good in my opinion! Raise it to level 10 but only 10 heroes are required to be in that level.

Ranked should come with suggestion on what is needed for a good composition.

Ranked should only be playable for players that have 10 Heroes in Level 10.

If the players are bad they will be placed in the lower leagues.

1 Like

I seen players with 2000 hero levels that fail to do something simple as soak XP, while players level 31 play like a God.

There is not benefit in forcing players to level in QM or AI heroes blindly before going into ranked. If they play badly they will get to Bronze 5 quickly.

If you find it hard to rank-up, start by looking at yourself and your picks:

1. Up until platinum I would suggest picking heroes that can soak lanes quickly by themselve and if possible take camps.

2. Ping your team if they about to do something insane, like fight 4v5.

3. Don’t try to play massive pool of heros. You better of focusing on small team that is comfortable for you. I used Li-Ming and Hanzo to rank up from silver 4 to plat 5, after MMR changes. (used anub, Rexxar, Tyrande and Reghar for when I was forced into other roles).

1 Like

I say it should be stricter

Ranked should be a mode meant for the absolute ELITE of Heroes of the Storm

You need to be at least level THREE HUNDRED IN PLAYER LEVEL

And own SIXTEEN MASTERED HEROES AT LEVEL FIFTEEN

The heroes on free rotation must also be ignored for this mode unless you own them

This is usually a result of experienced players making new accounts

Not saying there aren’t actual prodigies but most people on low level accounts are either suspended from Ranked on their other accounts or do not want to risk their rank points on those accounts

Partying up with 4 more frends solves all these issues.

playing solo can b a nightmare at times,

but of course, u can make new frends from playing solo too,

I dont go rank unless i have at least one frend online to party up,

roughly, 75% of my solo queue in ranked is a loss for me,

1 Like

Ranked is not working well if solo mode is not in good shape.

Amount of bronze, gold, silver in party is making this game very bad and it should be fixed soon. Bronze is tanked account or just smurf.

1 Like

not always a smurf,
im bronze, n this is my only account.
i play with a Gold2 player now, its better games, at least the past 5 games tht i played,

playing within bronze mostly was a hair pulling experience ,
thts why i go ranked always if i hav some frends online to play with

I can pretty much show you like 10 replays of how “bronze is not actually bronze”. We can ask ourselves why gold team up with bronze in first place and not with its own range. Everybody knows that pairing yourself with “bronze” will match you against silvers and maybe even bad bronze or something else.

Gold 2 is ok because its middle of the ranked. Most of the smurf belong in silver and bronze as it is the most easiest way to get fresh account ranked as low as bronze and silver. Simply just go to the ranked without mmr and even though you win 70% you will be highest at silver 3-4.

Got my own smurf around silver with 70% wr last season with absolutly 0 mmr and account level of 50. This is the reason for bad mmr in silver-bronze. The skillcap is massive.

i agree, sometimes u just feel tht behind tht bronze mask, is a gold or plat player lol

Yep. Well I think that everybody knows it but they are silent about it because lot of people use second accounts with friends to boost them. I don’t care about smurfing and the match experience should be anyway equally good for everybody.

Well you SHOULD CARE!

People spamming alternate accounts are the reason why the matchmaker tends to put them with inexperienced players resulting in beginner level players being matched up against experts

Newer accounts are often always treated like they are unskilled new players playing them

Imagine what happens when an experienced player is put into this environment

You have a solution that tries to fix this somehow?

Tell us!

I am eager to know

Well faster mmr gain is one solution, for example now you make smurf play hundreds of games to even get in somewhere in gold (from bottom leaque). Usually good player gets where he belongs (even in long run) so wats the point of delaying and frustrating players?

Then secondly most problematic is smurf duoing with friend lets say one or two leaques above. Those can be now matched vs non duo team because matchmaker gives advantage over player who doesnt have solid mmr. Solution: simply remove uncertainties from new accounts, instead give them lot of starting mmr from beginning (if they have good mmr from unranked), otherwise if bad mmr then put them in low elo. Punish griefing and intentionally losing with voting system in the end. Make it so that when system detects inactivity and you get votes, you will get lets say 600 minus points. Others who suffer from leaver gets 0 points. Winner gets nothing more but experience and gold. This will get everybody to vote for leaver (nobody doesnt want to get him next game). After accumalting enough leaver penalties force players to get very long ban from game. In extra it could be possible to force phone number from players for every account. Ban accounts phone numbers for using older accounts or even better use identity features so that bad behaviour people gets banned from game for all the accounts. This should need lot of leaver penalties.

Lastly, force players to play solo 30 unranked games and calculate starting mmr from those games.

Biggest flaw im the game is that now smurfs start very low elo and while those climb they will put lot of people in wrong ranks.

The biggest problem is that alternate accounts can exist to begin with

We need to use a method that will reduce them

Putting a price on Heroes of the Storm is the only real way

One player per account should be an enforced rule!

Y but you cant control amounts of accounts.

If you put a price on Heroes of the Storm there will still be less accounts per person than there is now

The problem IS NOT that there are too many players

The problem IS that there are too many experienced players on low level accounts going around winning against actual newer players who are still learning the game

It would also prevent banned and or suspended accounts from quickly making another account just to come back and do the same thing over and over again

I noticed the same half year ago.

As stated these makes game bad:

1. Noobie que
  2. No skill level measurements if you go instantly to ranked
  3. Individuals are not awarded for very good playing
  4. Afk makes games one sited instantly
  5. Teams vs non teams
  6. Noobs vs smurfs
  7. Average mmr calculation and very easy to exploit it with low level mate
  8. Slow ranking progress.