Region selection

Would it be possible to have an option in region select to choose whichever gives the shortest queue?

Unless the ping is 500, it would be great to have faster queues.

Europe doesnt have region select options, we have 1 server

1 Like

Region is EU, NA and Asia (and China, but that’s blocked for non-Chinese clients). Server is a different thing and game already has an option to pick the one with lowest ping (in case the region has more servers) and queue time is also taken into the account afaik. So I think he is specifically speaking of regions.

And well regarding that, I don’t think it’s possible. The game cannot even swap your profiles between regions so you have to start from 0 when switching to a different one. So I doubt it would be possible to have access to all regions through a single queue.

However, I would recommend you to mark down when is the prime time (usually 19:00-23:00 of the local time) of different regions and servers in your local time and switch manually to that region/server during that time. Prime time should guarantee you the fastest queue time possible (unless the MM takes your ping into account in which case it might be always slower if it wants to try to look for the players with a similar ping first, but I doubt we got such advanced MM :smiley: ).

1 Like

ah, good point, then i agree that the first hurdle needs to a shared account across regions but my usual statement to that would be the outcry of the people who actually worked/payed to get unlocks on both accounts

I hear this argument a lot, but at this point I think it could only help the game. Also I hope nobody would protest if they compensate duplicates with their value in gems.

However, I’m afraid this might be the problem with engine itself and to reimplement it they would need more resources than they have.

1 Like