Removing skins when event is over

I was wondering, what’s the reason that all these skins are removed just because the event is over?

Wouldn’t it be better if the event just introduces them but they’re available year round? Not only would it be better for players who will not lose access to their favorite skins that they missed due to lack of shards/money etc but blizzard will have those same skins keep pulling in revenue all the time?

I spent a lot of my shards on the event before last and as such didn’t have the shards to get some of the skins I wanted from the toy event, same thing has happened several times before. Seems unnecessary?

Thoughts?

They will be back during next winter event :wink:

The reason is probably so people who want the skins, but dont have the shards or the patience to wait for next year will spend real money to buy what they can with gem or buy loot boxes nad hope for RNG

2 Likes

That’s what they do with every non-seasonal event - like the Viper one that was just added.

Seasonal content is just that: Seasonal. There’s a limited time (every year, luckily) where you can obtain them.

That’s also one of the reasons for spreading the seasonal events out more, to give more time to “save up” between them. Earlier, Hallow’s End, Winter Veil and Lunar Festival were almost back-to-back.

This is the main reason seasonal skins/items/whatever are usually only available during that season’s event for any game with seasonal events.