Reports out of control

A majority of toxic Players have left due to the HGC being removed. In my opinion the games have actually become more enjoyable with less toxicity and try harding. Or maybe due to the improved Report System? Idk. :thinking:

last time I talked to a GM, he told me that I have to adapt and Im the only responsible of what I say
leaving me wondering what happened to the “report for no reason” part of the game conduct

I get a report for situations like all team goes for boss while enemies are 3lvls ahead and all up and all coming to our boss, I just said Im not joining this bad call, boom report

now i dont use chat at all, and switched my self to tolerance zero
just say “omg this team” and I’ll report

Ah, the new guys. This issue was here for over an year now. During peak of Hots Blizzard finally decided to get tough on toxicity. The result was that it had banned significant portion of its own player base which became even more toxic as a result. We had seen start of rise of alts and trolls during that period. The amount of silenced players was pandemic. Even in public tournaments, silenced pros were a routine sight.

For personal gameplay this meant that you either become slave to bunch of kids and idiots or you get banned. This is it. If you make correct plays, you get banned because scrubs on your team reports you. If you talk back to toxic teamates, you get banned. It got so bad that after your first punishment, it was enough to get banned merely because you played one game with a toxic group who had reported you together. In those times it was impossible to play if you would not stay completely silent all the time. Even then, there was a proof that this was not enough. Famous streamer got banned for absolutely nothing and insulted by Blizzard. His fame of course got him a free ticket out and he got unbanned, but it only confirmed how broken whole system was. Idiots back then defended this system, because those players in fact were most toxic out of all and took pleasure at the misfortune of others. They often trolled these forums with their autism, continuing long debunked notions over and over again.

As for today, report system was rolled back. I can see that it is a lot less sensitive to reports. Likely a result of Blizzard finally comprehending that banning a significant portion of their player base in a dead game is a bad business practice.

Back then I had reported people just for fun. A lot of players did. In my experience, people nowadays are just as toxic if not more so. Sometimes 6/10 of my games have some toxicity in them. That is immense ratio, though after raising in ELO for a bit I manage to get long streaks with people who do not get toxic after every setback.

2 Likes

Completely agree with Ernestas , I’ve experienced it on my back and against other players too many times to not believe it .
Few things ima add as an examples : My reasoning i was given for my silence months ago was " even if you were not toxic or insulting anyone , you were CONFRONTING players and… "
Dont remember much more , it was something about their feelings or they may feel bad .

Like , this is outworldly ridiculous ?! EX for confrontations : Garrosh why you didnt pick taunt ?
Dont fight 9v10 or outnumbered ( 4v5 ) .
Another example is i have been threatened with team mates to fake report me just because i didnt join their feed crusade or i was global hero and they PINGspammed me to join them for no reason when I could just fly /dig to them on teamfight.
Even 2 days ago I had a game where my teammates died 19 TIMES until the 4 MINUTE MARK .
Can you comprehend it ? 19TIMES
It was Tomb of the spider queen .They were pouring mid without purpose , dying 1 after another , respawning and vice versa.
I was salvaging some soaking running like mad up to bot and repeat . Even after those deaths we were still pretty close on XP because nobody of enemy team soaked , so i balanced the xp .
Then someone sarcastically asked me " if i will ever join the TEAM FIGHT " Seriously ? Generating 4 deaths per player for 4 mins and asking me to join team fight , WHAT TEAM FIGHT ?! The game just began LMAO .
After the game i checked this player level , he had barely 300 400 games for 4 years .
Another example : Yesterday i had player level 6 (SIX ) on my team .
He didnt know how to mount , if a creep hit him he was running behind forts before rejoining us , he was using at tops 2 of his 4 spells .
On top of that , every game there is player with 50-250 level and around 400 500 games .
I have 10 thousand and when i get called to follow some ridiculous call like that … and then get threatened to be reported because he didn’t like what I’ve done.
I refuse to be judged by a non-smurf-objectively NEW players who dont value soak , camps , 5v5 fights , TALENT advantage/disadvantage and dont even HEARD of the term " minimize losses " when you are behind .

Sorry for the big stretch , on topic : The co-op is nearly non existant because the majority is AFRAID of reports , have suffered from fake ones .
Now the games had become a 5-silent-lambs fiesta , and it even got worse after BLizzard said last year that the reports will be INVALID if you never said any word in the game . You can check it urself now by trying to report someone who never said anything during the game .
So thats it , a silent matches with no coordination , sync or coop ,
and after the game mad people whispering "Tryhard noob reported " " X hero abuser report " and on and on . They r reporting with Abusive chat for whatever reason suits them :smiley:
As long as they can screw you over its justified . Thanks Blizz.

1 Like

well since they punish you super hard for a simple lobby crash due to unstable servers then i wouldnt be surprised

Nope. Afraid of reports is not the reason.
Reason is that people play the game only to “shoot some frags”. Sorry that is how it is.

This is also a valid and it also exists WhiteBat , but there is a REAL FEAR of being reported and i’ve done enough games , asked enough players , have read enough threads in diff forums to claim it .
Anyways , us chatting here wont get us anywhere . Lets see what 2020 will bring us , hope its gonna be better cause i love the game .

The system is just an automated bs that will ban someone if a number or reports of the same type has been send. Anyone who though otherwise well you are cute. We are talking about Blizzard here, they would sell their own mother for money, why waste their precious time to hear what the players think or want!

1 Like

a voice for everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.