So how many of you actually miss Hero League?

I feel like the removal of SOLO RANKED was a big step in the wrong direction

Plenty of people wanted to play this game without being involved in any parties or groups and now they’ve taken that away from us

I feel that they should bring this back and remove this Storm League nonsense completely

Hero League and Team League for Ranked modes is the way it should be

Satisfying the crowds that want to test their skills without any groups involved and the crowds that want to test the limits of teamwork while playing with friends in a competitive environment

1 Like

It was the superior concept. Anyone playing alone was guaranteed to only match with other solo players instead of being the odd fellow filled into a 4 man where he quite literally has no say in anything or facing a full 5man while youre solo and theres 2 duos in the match.

2 Likes

Well it was more than just a concept

It was how things used to be

Hero League and Team League were amazing and people complained a lot less about the game being unfair when they were around

Because at least then you had a choice when you didn’t want to face off against people playing in a party

A lot who played this game have even quit because of all these terrible decisions that feel like downright intentional sabotage on the part of the developers

I even have this cool idea of a name for Hero League if it ever makes a return:

BOLT LEAGUE

We already have STORM LEAGUE so the I feel the name fits really well

And the portraits we get could be designed around these names too

I much prefer the new Storm league system and really like that they got rid of promotion and demotion games. Sorry to disagree.

It is fine if you honestly feel that way

But they could have gotten rid of Promotion and Demotion games without removing the Solo Ranked Mode

So many people feel that it is unfair to be forced to play against parties while they are solo players

They want a mode where they are guaranteed to be playing with and against only solo players who are not in any kind of party

That’s the difference between you and I. I usually play in a two man - and there are a lots of others that do the same- Team League was a nightmare as a two man and hero league you couldn’t do it. With the new storm league it’s great fun. Seen my winrate go up to over 60% and gone up from Silver 3 to Gold 5 relatively quickly whereas the person I play with is now up to Gold 4.

The games form my point of view have been getting better this season. Last season would always have at least 2 people who couldn’t play this season it’s usually one DC or one person with 10 deaths or one first pick Murky\Nova- and we can carry one person. Carrying 2-3 is much less enjoyable.

It’s not a perfect system tho - currently getting only 199 points for a win and similar for loses. When you win with a DC there really should be more points for your team and more deducted for theirs.

Why do you say this?

I played Team League too

Often with just one other person

And it was not a nightmare for me

Well, not as good as playing Storm League with a 2 man anyway. Nightmare might have been a bit too strong.

Yes but how was it bad compared to what it is now?

In what way is it better now?

I want details

dont know, tht time i didnt play ranked,

i played tl a bit, may b hl 1 or 2 times only

then it merged into sl n i started playing sl all the way

Team League was pretty dead and hard to get a team for it unless it was as a 2 man. Hero league was restricted to 1 man so didn’t play much, and when I did it was dreadful. Right now it’s in a fairly good space although last few games have been shocking - seem to get a few good games and then a few dreadful ones. Last game we had no healer and 3 2nd tanks, two of which died 10 times each. But heros was like that as well. The MMR system is an improvement but still a ton of people who are shocking at every rank.

Neither of you have played much then

Both modes were great and it did not take too long to find games

Later on you could even play Team League solo and finding games was very fast

The only difference was that Team League could match you with parties and Hero League could not