So ... Lunar festival cancelled as well ? or

Will it come ?

Place your bets.

1 Like

I really dont understand what joy you get by being so negative, but can we atleast wait until Feb 4th to shout doom and gloom? when the current event ends

It will come. This year at least. They should have content ready for next 6-12 months. After that your question would be more logical :smiley:

I just hope the lunar event is cancelled forever and lunar skins added to regular shop.

I just don’t like the lunar theme and none of the lunar skins.

Lately there were too many chest related events, imho.

Winter summer and halloween are just fine.

It’s called poking, it’s purpose is poker play at developers to see if they are prepared.

Seeing how current even has been extended for reasons I wonder how the Lunar Festival will go.

See if we go by extended event timers, this means we have a whole year of events and not just half a year of it.

Most events have a month break before next event comes up, if they will do an extended event timers for all events, all year will have a big af event timer.

Personally I like some of the Lunar Festival skins, but if we want to see more characters awarded with Lunar Festival skinsets then it’s being completely wasted from the first day, HotS never had enough artists working on those but if they have at the moment content for a whole year that doesn’t spell anything good for the future of the game if no one is working on new content NOW.

I wouldn’t mind that to be honest. However, I think this will be exception rather than new way how events are handled.

Only time will tell.

Less peoples works on game. It doesnt means that 50 guys who remained are just tasked with finishing half-done heroes making minor patches and prepare and never create new content from scratch.

So I was right.
Lunar Festival got delayed, at least it’s not cancelled but it seems spring event will incorporate Lunar Festival so I have no idea what to think about it.

1 Like

Not incorporate. Spring event is successor of lunar festival. According to that latest post, they are switching into 4 events per year without any strict theme. In that way they can come with some fun ideas instead of having strictly chinese-like skins on lunar festival or xmas-like on winter veil and so on.

This actually made my smirk.
Believe what you want, the new events will give us hyper expensive new skins, old skins promoted to legendary status, and everything will be 2,4k shards.

We’ll see who is right.

New legendary skins are always 2,4k. Also I don’t see a reason to “see who is right”. You said nothing which would be opposite to what I said lol :smiley:

Back in the day, before 2,4k skins started showing up, there were no 2,4k skins, all legendary skins were 1,6k.

2,4 started in 2017 summer.

All the legendary skins which were already released before 2.0 were 1,6k. Since then every newly released legendary skin was 2,4k (epic 600, rare 150) for first two weeks and then dropping to 1,6k (epic 400, rare 100). Events are exceptions to this where new event skins are always of higher price and they drop during the next event instead so if you want cheaper event exclusive skin, you have to wait till next year. This was always the case since 2.0 started and they are consistent with this pricing.

2 Likes

Wrong.

All new skins were 2,4k until the end of events, they were NEVER dropped after 14 days. Their prices get dropped to 1,6k the next time they show up.

Blizzard is NOT consistent with pricing, there have been several times when some skins and heroes got demoted from legendary status to epic or rare or upgraded to legendary status.

People also don’t notice the subtle changes in gems pricing showing up once a while.

You can google blizzards pricing trends in Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch.
I’m pretty sure they could have changed prices of items in WoW in-game shop as well over time but I haven’t played WoW for a few years.

No, non-event skins drop after 2 weeks. Event skins drop next event, that’s exactly what I wrote, did you even read my post?

When items were promoted/demoted, they still gained the price of a rank they were promoted/demoted to. So pricing was consistent. There was never epic skin for a price of legendary skin or vice versa. Price always fits the rank. And price drop always follows the rules mentioned above. That means it is consistent.

All the changes were always properly announced in patch notes afaik. Yes, I do read patch notes.

2 Likes

Remember the viper something event that gave us 1,6k skins to get ?

Well, now they are 1,8k cost.

GG.

Does it matter what virtual cosmetics that have no effect cost in imaginary currency that you get for free?

Im just buying skins for heroes i dont even play at this point just so i can waste the shards away.

1 Like

Afaik they were 2,4k, dropped to 1,6k after two weeks. Not 100% sure tho, bought them for gems anyway, but I’m pretty confident they were 2,4k first two weeks.

Exactly, seems they dropped the price, it’s even in the patch notes (if you bothered to read them).

1. All Skins and Mounts have had their price adjusted to fit into new Gem and Shard pricing tiers
    • This will result in a price reduction for many items, with some exceptions
  2. Some skins have had their rarity adjusted to match the new Gem and Shard pricing tiers

im guessing their base price is 1200 shards and the new item 50% mark up brings it to 1800 shards