Stop paying until activision gone!

not much words needed. just stop to pay for games, cosmetics etc. until activision release blizzard free and until we have our blizzard as we know! this is about community power. make a move like a citizen of blizzard universe…

13 Likes

yep! yes! agree! approve! affirmative!

3 Likes

I pretty much stopped spending money on this game a while ago. I but a small number of gems to get 1 of those celestial mounts. Dumb idea, but done is done. But that was a few of them back

2 Likes

I stopped paying for the game when they decided to start locking off cosmetics from lootboxes, but sadly activision will not ever release blizzard. To them Blizzard is an asset, much like each individual game their studios make, and regardless of whether the asset earns or not they’ll sit on it, just in case it does one day.

I recall hearing a story from the Jimquisition on youtube about a game called “metal arms: glitch in the system”. Not a hugely popular game but it had its fans, and the long and short of it was that activision ended up with the copyright.

Now the original developer offered to buy the copyright back from activision so that they could make a sequel. Activision refused. Seems a bit strange to me, it’s a copyright they’re doing nothing with, i’d wager most people reading this never even heard of it before, and it certainly can’t be earning any significant amount of cash considering how old and abandoned it is, these days i’m not even sure if you could legitimately buy it even if you wanted to.

4 Likes

First off i agree.But you need to understand they did this (Activision) cause Hots was underperforming and it was draggin them for that sweet MAU and nice statistics for investors.So they simply want to get rid of it.If you intended to boycote Hots in hope that they wount pull the plug on the game then you are simply wrong it wount work.

Shame,and i am sad.Not to mention i’ve spent 20€ in the past month on the game.
As i am/was trying to point out in the WoW forums for people not to buy the new store mount(and stop helping Activision with there microtrns BS),cause they want to boost there end of year numbers and suck dry the small players base that is in current game.
Insted they should made BFA a finished product, and communicate properly with the players base. That way they would be in the same boat like they where with Legion(high sub numbers) and no need to put 2x microtransactions in the last 2 months like they are doing with BFA,it just shows you that BFA is underperforming.
But even when thats all said and done,that wount help out Blizzard.They will simply make mobile games,and slowly shut down underperforming games.

I think op is right and I share exact same thoughts, all the fans should stop buying blizz products across the line, this might hurt blizz but if it helps get them away from activision then its ultimately a good thing.

When a company at its own convention goes on about how the fans made it what it is and then give you diablo immortal you know its the money men above them that are in control and the fans are the ones who need to stand up and say enough is enough.

3 Likes

I made this decision for myself a long while ago because of the treatment I got from the support. At that time I have realized that this community of this game is not going to fly.

Along with the total irrespect to the customers via completely broken matchmaking and automated silence/ban system we have what we have: a product at the end-of-life phase.

You won’t make Activision go. Blizzard will die and Activision just moves on to drain another developer.

4 Likes

nope. we can always keep our blizzard alive. just kill corrupter and set blizz free. it needs some heal after it. so we are here to help!

That’s not how venture capitalism works tho :wink:

1 Like

“Our blizzard” is already gone. A lot of developers have left over the last few years and it seems activision is pouring their management team into blizz more and more to just drive out the rest who are left. From what i’ve heard from various channels that cover gaming news (the quartering, heelvsbabyface and yongyea are the ones that come to mind immediately) the management at actiblizz are adopting strategies that have put plenty of other studios out of business. Underpaying employees, overworking them, general disrespect and just general lack of competence and accountability. If blizzard as a company folds/disappears in the next few years it’ll be sad, but it won’t be surprising.

As for trying to “save” it, there is no saving it. Activision has no reason to ever sell blizzard the company, even if you found someone with the money to buy it the only likely people to do this are other big publishers like EA, which is either negligible improvement or will make this worse.

As unpleasant as it is, and for what it’s worth I hope I’m wrong on this and next year blizzard proves me wrong, perhaps we should just write blizzard off as just another faceless, soulless publisher-owned studio that is going to be milked for money, run like a chinese sweat-shop and will soon drown in it’s own mismanagement and join the ranks of studios like bullfrog, pandemic, maxis etc.

3 Likes

Clearly. At this point I don’t know if there’s something left for us to do. It’s either you enjoy their games and content and you pay and use them, or you can gtfo. Games as a service ftw. That kind of concept should have stayed away from this industry.

Just wondering what would happen if all former blizz staff would simply raise their middle finger, quit and start all over again under a new company name, on a new franchise, with a focus on fun and rewarding gameplay. If that’s even legally possible.

Are you moron? How can ridiculous small community save a billion dollar business?

What’s next, are you going to fund your own space travel company next?

Vivendi sold Vivendi-Games and they renamed themself to Activision-Blizzard with Activision’s Board of Directors being shareholders of Blizzard and co. They literally own Blizzard, only way to set Blizzard free is to buy Activision stock (we are talking about several billions of euros). Good luck.

Heroes of the Storm is probably a joke project to every single director at Activision. They killed many franchise before, they don’t give second chance, it’s success or death.

I think you have more chance with contacting their email/phone and desperately begging, crying, pray and suck their genitals.

2 Likes

thats like asking a drunk to stop paying for watered down booze until the barkeep starts pouring the good stuff…wont happen

Runic Games, Second Dinner, and Flagship Studios are examples of this having happened in the past.

The Activision board of directors do not care one bit as long as the devs aren’t actually running off with any kind of company property (such as physical objects, data or game assets). They only care about the money that rolls in.

1 Like

THQ Nordic,former darksider devs,rebranded,Rift game had a lot of former WoW devs in it.Respawn entertainment CoD devs after they left AV.But for that to work well you have to have like huge amount of people insta leaving and then making under a new IP and continue the work.

they don’t understand friend. they’re afraid of all billion dollar companies. so we made them “a billion dollar company”. but as one of writer who wrote under this title said; all morons, nothing more.

Unfortunately Activision isn’t going anywhere but likely Blizzard is. Even at executive level Blizzard employees have been disappearing and replaced or merged with Activision employees. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was the Activation launcher someday

heh :smiley: fool Xocha…then how his games would continue work?!:slight_smile: And can hear you only 200 peoples…and 30000 for an axample will decide that…" aaa what a amayzing skin,i will bay it"…:stuck_out_tongue: