Took a look at solo matchups

So at the start of the season i waited a bit and let people get some games in to form an overall winrate and then i just picked up a single character to play in qm and see what kind of people i match with. Just, why not i guess.

So up untill my 12th game i was doing 77-82% winrate which can happen early on in a season and untill then the winrates of people i match with were all over the place but there was a definitive change past 10 games onwards where i was at around 75% and i only matched with people that were in the 25% to 42% range.

As my winrate dropped to around 65% my other teammates averages rose a little to usually being past 40% for the season. So its averaging the team.
So instead of pushing for higher win rate opponents, thus likely higher mmr, the game will simply match you with low winrate players untill your own winrates even out, if it does.
I just find this system a little weird and its likely the problem in rank mode aswell where winning streaks can be met with lower win/mmr/skill level players being put in your team. Maybe its the small playerbase that forces it to even it out by not increasing the difficulty of your opposing team and overall game mmr and instead diluting your own team.

And before the you didnt test 750 games and so on yeah, yeah. i didnt but ive been looking at it now and then after longer win streaks and figured id take a quick peek again since the season reset. I just always felt like hots has a weird way to match individual players together and it doesnt offer the usual win more - match against better way of thinking.

1 Like

Tbh I’ve been seeing this in QM for well over a year now. I have made a post a long time ago how my winrate suddenly dropped from 60% to about 50%. And considering that this hasn’t been fixed for so long, I don’t think they ever will

It’s a dumb system. If your win rate goes up, you’ll have a lot of ruined matches that you’ll lose before the match even starts, the matchmaking will force 2 ou 3 low levels players in your side, to play a game of veterans. Its not a fair match. I can sometimes carry some of this nonsense matchups, but need to be playing my mains and hard mvp… the match is heavy. Also winning, i dont like this sistem. Its not fair. Not cool.

2 Likes

while blizzard as far as i know has not confirmed it, a lot of people including myself have noticed that it seems like that QM is set to try and keep everyone on a 50-50 win ratio. I have noticed that when i start a new hero who i have never played i can easily win the first 5 to 10 matches but the higher the level the hero gets and the more wins i get i suddenly start to get matched with people whos win rate is far below 50% some are not even on 30 and i have noticed these people have also usually not a single hero who is above level 10. But blizzard has not confirmed it, but many players have experienced the 50-50 win rate.

let’s get this straight once and for all …
forced 50/50 is a bad game.
if the game has a group of better players they have no responsibility in balancing out other incapability.
It’s more than proven that this does not work for worst players, they learn nothing and for better players that get frustrated.
The problem is you people need to pick, higher queues or better match making, the game does not have enough people for both, thank the genius that said “you win as team and die as team”. You need to be a special kind of person to believe that the majority of moba players would not laugh this off as a joke and not even bother with the game. And mind you i think this could have been the best moba ever.

it’s normal, assuming you belong to the rank you are in, you will eventually get back up the more games you play.

technically it’s the 50-50 and your MMR, if you are on a win streak, your MMR increases, you will then start to get players with lower winrate on your team, while enemies having a more balanced winrate. For example, if you’re sitting at 70%, chances are you get 40% teammates but 50%~ enemies.

Just an update i stuck at 58-60% up to 170 games and just kept looking at the teammates and nothing changed the average winrate my team mates have had were closer to 42% than 50% while there have been several in the 50s i get the low 40s far more often.
This system in general does not support mmr and rank climbing in any way but creates worse match experiences when you can clearly see you match with worse players when you yourself improve.
Im talking about qm but the system is exactly the same for rank mode which is why its a failure in addition to its appalling climb system. It needs to support an increasing curve of better teammates and better enemies and NOT slightly better or similar enemies while giving you worse team mates as your own winrate improves.

So far i can tell i haven’t played another game where it works like this.

same, just having 10 winstrike, then few fair games and then 10-15 uncarryable games with mostly players who dont even know basics. I tought in platina ppl know maps and have a bit knowledge about pick. If they dont, why they are there and why after winstrike I have to play with them? just more games I play more moving in circle and playing with worse teammates at same rank.
And playing against 2 diamonds 1-3 cuz they are in team with one gold 5 players wont make fair match pairing 3x gold 3 and 2 plat 5 against them.
Never get it why teams are averaged instead of playing on ranks of highest player

Yeah, 9 games not one guy with more than 43% winrate. Its starting to drop my winrate, we’re looking at 56% now and eventually the usual 52% so it really is very effective at what it does except it does it in an unfair way, you get worse people to play with untill it equalizes. Thats not the way to do it.
Enemy team tends to be in the average of 52-54% winrate across all 5 players.
Now im not really looking at how bad these people play, they usually do but realistically i should match with people of similar winrate with a difference of no more than 2-3% not 12-15%. Thats how you make just an average matchmaking. Thats not even including other rules that need to be in the game in terms of groups, character matchups… just the actual winrate of people. Match it. Simple.

Its a mean way to do it because it is literally punishing you for being “good” at the game, by putting you with people that make it “impossible” to win.

Because if someone has a 40% winrate- they are clearly worse than average. Like probably by a lot. And someone with a winrate of 55 is not going to carry that by a long shot. Especially if that person gets 2 or 3 of those 40% winrate teammates. xD

I do not understand what is the point of conducting dialogues about a solo game, if there is no solo mode in THIS VERY GAME?! This is some kind of pun…

The full five can win all matches. ALL IN ANY MODE. And have a 100% win rating. As long as it does not lose to a stronger one and the % becomes not 100, but 99…OMG OMG 99…

And it’s not about how long you can keep your 80-85% in solo. The fact is that if there was a solo QM mode, then 80-85% would be the NORM for you. Maybe even 90-95%. If you of course you deserve it!

It’s my only gripe with this game.

So this is exactly what you call the “only claim” in general, it was the ONLY MISTAKE that killed this game, on the day when the developers decided: “Let’s just copy the moba games like DotaLol just change the purchase of items to skills that can be taught at different levels”

Do you even have a brain?! Try to compete with the already established Dota 2 and LoL communities, which were also esports.

And if you had introduced 2 modes strictly for 1). [QM solo] and 2). [Leage 5x5] back then, 6 years ago, in 2015, the game would have had a HUGE AUDIENCE and later would have become an esports game and would not have had to close esports on HoTS because it was just played by a lot of people, it was popular. And what now? There is no esports, no one plays HoTS, and there is no esports, respectively…No popularity = no esports. Logic.

The fact that Blizzard is popular and the fact that WoW is popular does not mean that people can be fed with their hands, fed with sh%t. The developers took the old model bring a friend get a bonus bring a girlfriend and so on. THE YEAR IS 2021. AUUUUUU… People won’t eat everything. People are not a herd!