Uninstalled hots after 3 years play

I played about 2k+ games since beta.
I played 1 to 2 games per day and I can see my progress from silver 3 to silver 2, gold 3, gold 1 and finally hit plat 5 last season(Although hots log shows I’m a diamond).
But this season everything changed. I got 6-4 on placement match - Gold 5, and then 11 lose games in a row. Now I’m silver 3, where I started.
Heroes of the storm is my first MOBA game ever. I’m not a fan of MOBA game but I do love characters in Warcraft and Diablo. I bought almost every weekly skin bundle before 2.0.
But after 2.0 I never recommend hots to my friends, they don’t want a game with a broken matching system and 5 mins waiting time.
Now its time for me to say goodbye.

11 Likes

Might want to say hello first!

6 Likes

Another “this is why I quit” thread, with the added bonus of admission to not even liking MOBA’s. Well, cool beans.

Let’s see - Team League is now solo’able with queues during peak hours hovering at 0-50 seconds. Hero League is slightly longer, but unless you’re playing at silly’o’clock, 5minutes isn’t true outside of extreme cases (and very infrequently at that). There are rare cases of 2mins max during peak time, assuming you’re playing on a server relevant to you. Then again, I’ve never been in Silver/Gold so I can’t comment on those brackets. That’s not a veiled insult either - they all have their individual populations.

Losing happens. It is part and parcel of games where you have to rely on both yourself and multiple other people to achieve success. Threads like this make me feel inclined to encourage single-player games where success is dependant solely on yourself, because MOBA’s are the last place to seek self-gratification outside of premades, and even that isn’t a guarantee.

Yes, the struggle is real - but it starts with you. Aside from the trolls, disconnects and the odd inexperienced player, one should look inward before blaming everything else. I’m sitting between 6-14 wins above losses, yet there are times where it seems like only losing is possible – and then the game balances it out with winning streaks. Sounds to me like you need a break - but if you’re going to outright quit, that’s up to you.

3 Likes

do a backflip my dude

2 Likes

I like how you go around trying to nay-say every negative topic.

And yet by doing so, you’re pointing out just how many negative things there are in the game, as you reply to so many of them to say “No”. Hahahah. Open your eyes.

1 Like

Ignore the negativity on the EU forums. I know what you’re saying. I uninstalled hots like 6 or 7 times and reinstalled it afterwards cause I am still stuck with streamers I watch, reddit and so on and those bring me back. But I agree. This season has been the worst and even a lot of streamers have stopped playing or changed the way or amount they play.

I am really hoping that with the departure of Alan Dabiri and a new Blizzard CEO things will change because HotS has really cool mechanics and gameplay which both get ruined by the player base and matchmaking.

2 Likes

Welcome to the HotS forums - a place where not everyone shares identical experiences, opinions or views. Feel free to attack my posts if you don’t agree with them. I’ve little time narrow-minded personal digs.

The rest of your post makes no logical sense.

1 Like

Sorry you feel attacked when someone just points out facts 8)

Keep on ‘nay-saying’, friend.

Seems like a very irrational way of going about it. Your constant reinstalls seem very founded in emotional reactions. If you for periods of time didn’t care to play the game, you could just leave it be installed and simply not open the .exe? Or is this a case of “out of sight, out of mind”?

We all hope that, but its pointless hope, as nothing, zip, nada will change. Company protocols, processes and policies are already deeply rooted and the ship will continue to sail on its predetermined course. Aye aye Captain!

EU forums used to be quite good during Beta, but as with anything Blizzard, they slowly kill it off as they simply don’t care any more. You see other game developers, the big boys in the industry resorting to statements like “if you don’t like our games you can f*** off”, and I’m not even making that up. That is statements out there by CEO/Chiefs to customers. Blizzard has grown over the years, and so have their egos, after the merge with Activision, new rules in the courtyard. They are bit by bit picking side, choosing camp, with the other big boy companies which of course is a sad thing to see.

As such EU forum slowly died as HotS lost playerbase, some active members mostly fled to the NA one, some stopped being active incl. myself. As a countermeasure they got a CM hired on staff for the EU HotS forum, but years too late, which goes to show how out-of-touch they are with their playerbase and community. What is left to moderate? Everyones gone.

So back to the negativity statement which i partial agree with, however we also have to define what negativity really means or how its defined. When other people say negativity, I often view it as criticism for the purpose of improving things. Which we mostly call constructive criticism while others would define that those two words very differently depending on the context. There is also negativity on EU forums which I view as negativity in general which isn’t necessarily bad, wrong, against the rules or illegal. It is a reaction to the state of things. If someone treats you like dirt, garbage, you will get angry, negative about said person. It is the exact same thing here, Blizzard mistreating HotS, a game we like to play, so people naturally counter-react.

1 Like

You might as well just say “Okay i was wrong”

…there’s nothing left.
Sure, I can go as a 5-man premade, to get a first game with nobody sitting in base flaming own team in weeks, but what’s the point of any other options then…

HotS isn’t the only IP currently without a game director. Doesn’t seem to be needed nowadays as long as the microtransaction platforms are working as intended.

It was quite cringe to read the heavy defense arguments made for Alan Dabiri stepping into Dustins shoes back, because they kind of knew he didn’t have enough experience for the job position - why else make in-defense-for statements to the public. A year later, bye bye mister. Whether he was fired, re-located or something third is only guess-work, I cannot say. Panic mode is activated over in California these times. Internal policy shift;

• CEO quit
  • Missing game directors (plural)
  • 13% stock decrease
  • official statement to focus mobile games over PC/console with their best developers
  • disastrous Blizzcon, both VT experience and Diablo Immortal reception
  • veteran workers leaving company, new people hired on-going
  • biggest franchise WoW bleeding to death with 1.7-3.X million subs left.
  • redirecting focus to eSports scene, with purchase of MLG and using OW
  • eliminated of adventures from HS, ramped up xpac-release cycle
  • focus on re-releasing old products as ‘remastered’
  • expansion into EU with gear-store for merchandise sale

and probably a lot of facts I can’t remember on top of my head.

Turmoil.

1 Like

heck yeah bro. xDDDD

the issue with ranked play has always been the same tho… unless you played since beta, you’re pretty much going to be in for a grind to rank up … but i guess they changed it with this patch hence now all the qqs hey…

Come on… don’t you guys have phones?!

2 Likes

I started playing 3 years ago. I’m about lvl 850. I went from Silver 4 in the first season to now Low Master. Learn to climb. It’s not the exact same as being good. also (get gut).

I don’t know why they thought changing game directors 3 times would help things. It basically turned things into a hodgepodge of 3 different game philosophies, when the game hadn’t yet had a clear one to start with.

I think the upper management spent the absolute minimum from the beginning on HOTS, then expected a tacked on esports league would just make it print money. Except the reason Overwatch blew up, is because it had a bigger team, more promotion, and most of the gameplay design was already lifted from TF2, so there was not a lot of time needed to be spent on figuring out what type of game it was.

HotS today isn’t a MOBA, it was more like a MOBA during 1.0. Now it’s closer to a team deathmatch that takes place on a MOBA map. Maybe they’ll make the game ARAM in a year. Who knows? Who gives a poop about the game when you don’t even know what game it is anymore?

I played 2k games since last year.
Guess you are mad cuz you are not better ranked.
Playin one or two games per day is good,cuz u can make better winrate.
Playin more games,more losses.
On one of my acc playin one game per day have 70 percent win rate,on lvl 80.Also know for lvl 20 in gold,and lvl 70 in low Plat.
My friends who didn`t play game long time,started this seasson,their winrate is so low.So guess you should do more practice.
Climbing from bronze thru silver touching gold,12 losses minus.
I backed to my old bronze account and starrted again.
Guess am not ready yet for more.

Hey i either play from open beta… and i DIDNT THINK ABOUT TO UNISTALL THE GAME !
Sadly this topic is from 18 octomber and creator of this topic maybe never go back to read it. Yeah… the game had future and would be reworked. I still hope in future in the game, and that why did suggested many new ideas in this topic…

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/make-heroes-of-the-storm-most-epic-game-in-gameing-idustry-this-year-updateded-vers-no-banned/1668/24

I either play different genre games.

And bye…jialong