Unlocking event specific skins

Hello!

So, I recently started playing and I JUST missed out on the Lunar Festival event which is a bummer.
Is it possible to unlock returning event skins with gems? There are a few of those that caught my attention so I Googled them to check their price (in gems) and… Well, they don’t have one. According to gamepedia they can only be purchased with shards which I don’t have a lot, since I’m a noob.
I wanted to buy the summer Tychus skins (for obvious reasons), but if they can not be bought with gems it’s gonna be more complicated to get them than I anticipated.
Can someone enlighten me? Will I be able to buy the skins with gems once the summer event kicks in? Or do I have to spend on chests instead and pray to God that I either get the skins or tons shards to buy them?
If I started playing just a little bit earlier then I could’ve checked if the Lunar Festival skins were available for gems, but… yeah. Anyway, thanks in advance!

They should be available next lunar year so no worries on not getting them this time! :blush: and the skins are only available from the lunar new year chests! or gems if you got enough of those :yum:

1 Like

Thank you for replying! :slight_smile: In the meantime I found the Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes - February 13, 2019 which clearly states that they CAN be bought with gems. Whoops.

1 Like