Unranked Draft matchmaking system

Hello everyone,

Unranked Draft brings a great value to the game, because it allows players to compete in a draft mode where they don’t have to feel pressure due to their rank.

In the last couple of years, Unranked Draft has steadily lost popularity (at least on the european server), to the point where matches are no longer really played. It’s a great disappointment for this mode seemingly be unavailable anymore.

I don’t know the internal specifics of the match making system, but it feels like players who queue for Unranked are only matched with other player who queue for Unranked.

In other established Blizzard titles, such as Starcraft II and Warcraft III, the matchmaking system ties unranked and ranked together for both solo and team queue. Players who queue unranked are matched against players who play ranked (ladder).

I believe it would be really beneficial for the health of the game, if a similar matchmaking mechanic is implemented into Heroes of the Storm. People who queue Unranked Draft can be matched with players in the Storm League queue, resulting in a bigger player pool and improved queue times in both play modes.

I hope I’ve given you something to think about and I’m looking forward to seeing what fresh new updates are going to come in the upcoming 2024 and beyond.

Thanks ,

Suprotivist