Uther´s "Blessed champion" healing

Hello. I want to share something I just found out about Uther´s “Blessed champion” (shortened to BC) healing on AA and it´s interactions with some other talents.

As it says on the toll-tip, BC heals on each AA depending on the amount healed by his Q ability. 15% to be exact. Both the healing done to allies and to himself count towards this.

Of course, “Beacon of light” (LV 16) increases that healing by increasing the amount of self-healing it does to Uther. Meaning he then will heal for more on each AA. If he takes “Holy shock” at level 4 then each AA would heal for les since he is only doing the self-healing part. So far so Good.

But I just found out that if His Q ability heals for less because either Uther or his target is over-healed. Then the AA heal from BC is also reduced.

For example, consider his Q heals both him and his target for 1000. if Uther and an ally are both at max health and Uther cast his Q, his AA would not do any healing. If they both take 200 damage, and he casts his Q ability, his AA would heal for 15% of 400. If only his ally had taken 200 damage his heal from BC would be 15% of 200 per AA. And of course, if they are both healed for the full 1000 then it would heal for 15% of 2000.

I find this weird. I think it´s very cool that BC interacts that way and the healing amount can be played around. You can “snapshot” your healing and you can be countered by a well-placed healing reduction. It adds interaction with both allies and enemies. And of course, its always good when different talents in a champion synergize with each other. But I feel like punishing over-healing in this way is not necessary. Specially on a champion that revolves so much around granting armor to his team, meaning that preventive and proactive healing/protection is much more important. If you heal an ally soon to give them the armor, you lose this BC healing.

I don´t know if this is general knowledge or if this is working as intended. If is not, then I am happy to bring it to light. If it is, then I would like to give my 2 cents and say I wish it was changed.