What has happened to high kill rates on vs AI?

Is it just me or have others also noticed that it has become a LOT harder to kill enemy heroes on vs AI game mode in the last few days (since the latest patch went live)?? This especially concerns the Beginner and Recruit difficulty. Not so much on the higher difficulty, as it was always harder to get many kills on Adept or higher.

It is as if they’ve made the AI on that difficulty a complete bunch of pussies that run away all the time instead of fighting back! To me the game is most fun when you are able to get lots of kills and killing blows on enemy heroes but now since the patch every match seems to barely approach 20 kills and rarely above 20!

Blizzard - this is ridiculous! Is it not enough that you’ve killed the competitive scene? So now you want to destroy any sort of fun for the casual players? If you want to lose the remaining causal player base then you’re on the right track unfortunately…

I strongly suspect the AI heroes have been tampered with because I don’t see how literally all the players would have suddenly become lazy and not be interested in getting lots of kills vs AI just in the space of a few days! We used to regularly get between 30 and 50 kills vs Beginner AI if not more! And now it’s just pitiful.

So Blizzard, please consider putting this back the way it was, otherwise I’m afraid a lot of people, myself included, will simply stop playing this even casually.

Having just played a game with an AI due to someone disconnecting, the issue is worse than them just playing safe. We had three different fights where AI Lt. Morales would back off and hearthstone after taking damage from 1 single ability in our backline. Another time she wouldnt even get close enough to KT (who had pinged her to follow) to heal him while he was doing a camp. She would stay at max range “following” Kael’Thas who was dropping to 10% health doing a camp.

Hey man…the AI is unplayable in this moment. If i ping the healer to follow me its just freeze in place and move in circle no matter where i go. If i ping all of them the gatter together and just stay in the middle of the map for no reason fight with minions and go strait to towers. The worst part is that they wont do obj ping or not. And if I go alone i will be gang by opposite AI , all 5 of them

My Rehgar had 2700 heal in 17min… 2700 ???

Those are all good points guys - I didn’t even realise that friendly AI heroes (especially support) did this! I only play co-op mode but that sounds bad. I was aware though that disconnected players’ heroes that became AI controlled would not follow closely, which makes it so much harder to coordinate flights and objective related stuff. This needs to be fixed asap.

As does this nonsense of enemy AI heroes playing it safe and running away at the first sign of trouble! That makes the AI games infinitely worse!

Also, I’ve noticed how during the ‘Try’ mode scenarios (for testing new heroes) the enemy AI still runs straight to the camp, or in scenario’s case the training dummy right in the middle of the small map.

That means that the latest mini patch from yesterday (43.1) still hasn’t fixed the AI problem completely. Not the merc camp issue anyway. And the AI heroes in general are still playing it way too safe and running from fights, which is a complete disgrace and offers an awful vs AI game-play experience! Please fix this asap!!

If it is fun to get kills, play league as it was designed this ways.

Heroes of the Storm is designed around their objectives mechanism and reward you to do them, kills are there just to be able to prevent someone from said objective if they get greedy.