What the hell have you done to gazlowe!?

You might as well retitle the “rework” as a nurf into the ground. Gazlowe is so much weaker than he was and has been previously.

First of all, the health globe regen quest has been replaced with healing from damage caused by xplodium charge and deth lazor. A melee hero has to rely on ranged ability for healing now!? Sorry but this is totally ineffictive. Even though the time it takes for the charge to detonate has been shortened, the circumference of the ability is slighty too small and the healing given minimal. Even with no mana being required. The globe regen quest was rewarding and more effective if I timed when to enter and particularly when to exit combat.

Secondly, the new level 7 reduced cd on deth lazor. I would go as far to say is kinda unnecessary on a 8 second cd. How many teams do you know that group together in a nice straight line at mid to high level games?

Furthermore, removing armor on level 10 robogoblin and movement speed seems like a mistake. Nurfing passive healing and removing the 3 second armor from the heroic yet labelling him as a brusier just doesn’t fit well.

Additionally, removing the level 13 slow on turret attacks to be replaced by a slow from level 7 master blaster just isn’t reliable at all when cc’d by even 1 player for a very short duration. I’m pretty much already dead compared to cc other heroes have since Gaz now lacks armor and passive healing. Bring back the original level 13 talent, but reudce its duration to 1 second with a 20-25% slow.

If you want to rebrand him as a melee assassin with these new talents by all means do so, but a brusier he is not. His survivability is too low now in terms of abilities that provided armor, healing or movement speed either passivly or for a very short duration.

I am sorry to come here to complain and blow off some steam, I really am. I honestly feel it is necessary as gazlowe’s balance and place is now so far removed from where it should be.

The removal of auto cast xplodium charge when stunned or rooted brought a final tear to my eye.

1 Like

Um…the quest was on lvl 1, not lvl 4. And yes, im not even going to be impressed if you are still playing him as AFK pusher, ofc he is bad while playing him that way. Just another crying after 2+ games. L2p more, then cry.

Try giving some actual constructive feedback with examples instead of talking like a child. Embarrassing…

As someone who’s been maining Gazlowe since his initial release, I’ve tried out the Gazlowe rework and I too INITIALLY thought he’d been nerfed into the ground.

First few matches I lost, mainly because I wasn’t aware of the builds yet and just picked things that I thought -might- synergize. HOWEVER, as I played more matches and got into the hero, I’ve realized that there are about three surefire builds with Gazlowe that can be effective.

One is the turret build, taking the junk talent at level one, the lazor giving junk at level seven, the mulit-hitting turrets at 13 and turret talent at level 20- you can set up a lot of turrets very quickly that can overwhelm a clustered enemy team.

Then there’s the bruiser build which is basically taking the autoattack talents, robo goblin and the turret shots increase attack speed. You can get very tanky with the right talents here and dish out a lot of damage.

Finally there’s the lazor build which is self explanatory. Take all of the talents focused around lazor and the spellpower talent for turrets at level 13. I will agree with you about lazor, however. To me the lazor is very small and being unable to turn whilst aiming it makes it so that someone can quickly walk past it. I preferred its old rendition better but it’s still pretty good if you’re good at landing grav combos.

Overall Gazlowes rework takes a bit of getting used to but once you get his builds together he’s actually very good and can hold his own against people pretty well. He’s no longer got early game quests and such but as you level up he does become very strong with the right talent picks. Overall it’s a massive improvement from old Gazlowe who had basically became useless due to other heroes simply being able to take him apart too easily.

1 Like

much stronger than before

For me the new kit is not weaker in general (so i disagree with it beeing a nerf) but entirely different. It is more based on generating a combo with death lazer and your bombs instead of the towers. Cause of the high sc.rap costs at least in my test games the were pretty much a nice addition to boost your other skills but not a game mechanic in itsself anymore. It felt like gazlowe would be “playable” without ever placing a turret. For me that was the most fun and unique part about him. Playing with that turrets and let them do the work. Now he feels like replacable generic bruiser and without a special niche.

For me the fun in playing gazlowe is gone because what made him unique and challanging is gone. I don’t disagree with sc.rap as core mechanic in general but i don’t like the underwelming role of the towers and how strong you have to rely on general hit your combo and then run away tactics.

I would say on the opposing side, he is now WAY more reliant on his turrets.
If anything his turrets are his main form of dmg, and the lasors are mostly there for sustain and junk fillers unless your specced around the lasers.

Even though his AAs are strong as heck, his turrets would stil overall be doing WAY more dmg, since they hit about 80 lategame, and when you got 10 of those bad boys out and running at the same time, that’s 800dmg each second to multiple targets if your running around the multishooting turrets.
which is mad, not only that but he has been given some % dmg talents aswell to deal with pesky high health targets aswell.

I ABSOLUTLY loved the Gazlowe changes, and he has absolutly become even moer of a favorite in my roster after the changes.

Tbh, both gazlo and Dva are completely face walling 9 out of 10 games lol. I doubt they are underperforming since their rework.

miss long, wide and slow gazlow lazer :frowning: