2-2-2 Review and my thoughts

Hello Blizzard!
First, of all I wanted to tell you guys Thank you! The update is what the game needed and you did it in the most correct way I would expect.
I already played 6 matches on PTR and the game looks very reliable. Right now it’s a real Overwatch. Btw I feel that matchmaking is working correctly, idk about exact SR number, but teams are pretty balanced. About interface, I would just make nicknames of players bigger on the screen. They are too small right now.
Please, never regret about this change. It’s the most competitive thing happened to game since the release. The only concern I have is Moira’s buff. I suppose it can break the balance on low SR level. Other changes look to me very balanced, especially Reinhard and Brigitta. I would expect cybersport development in Overwatch after this changes. Everyone would like to be like pro. Please, do some open division rework. Make it more attracting for semi-pros and the game will shine in a long time period.
Thank you!

I honestly have to disagree and say this is not what the game needed. the LFG feature practically died because the game and characters have been designed in such as way that you need to be able to switch to any hero of any class.

I just did my placements on the PTR and the game is worse than it has ever been because we get into a stalemate that we can’t get around because we can’t re-enforce a certain role (EG Tank) so that we can break a hold. but I have played many games on the current version and encountered the exact same situation and the stalemate was easily broken because we could swap to another role.

7 Likes

This was my main thought, I hate the change but a highly skilled dps will walk all over people now because fundamentally 2 tanks can not protect and harass

Indeed, most of the time when I play tank I need to see my team suffer because they can not handle some dps, most of the time genji, tracer, or reaper. Normaly I can switch and take care of it but, but now on the ptr I feel stuck trapped.

But this is the thing. Blizzard says, they are implementing 2 2 2 because they listen to the community, I think they should never have listened to the community. The Overwatch team is smart enough, they know what works and what not.

I think smurfs throwers and leavers who go hand in hand are the biggest problem of the game that needs to be dealt with. 2 2 2 I think wil not be the solution, I think it will be another problem. But what do I know, I am a simple guy expressing my opnions about stuff that is out of my league.

2 Likes

That is entirely a fault of the players and not the system thoug. People still need to learn to queue up and flex more appropriately some heroes within a role. Instead of queuing up for tank and only knowing how to play hog, etc.

So you are blaming the system for a player behaviour buddy.

Isn’t that what this topic is about ? the new 2 2 2 system ?

But to be honest, since the new ptr update I have only played the ptr and I don’t want to go back to the old system. Because the new 2 2 2 system is a lot better. Now I only have to think about my current specific role and nothing more. It takes away some pressure.

I tried to play the old system, but most of the time it’s insta lock 5 dps with one healer. Me insta leave game and go back to the ptr lol. The new ptr is a fresh breath of air

Exact same thing without 2/2/2 so why 2/2/2 to begin with? It changes nothing, but only limits the game while giving the illusion of higher quality coz something is more “correct” at first glance, but not entirely :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Everything is better, people aren´t needed to cooperate as much to get the most normally functioning comp for the majority of the playerbase, while also allowing for choosing exactly, what you want to do/play in that given game (role wise). Overall more equal quality games across the board, failure/losses more easily outted to be doing to outplay or better opponents on a given team.

That just will not happen thou, minor quality improvement in masters/GM, no difference in lower ranks, will be same old same old. Stomps and throwers.

That is always an option thou, picking hero x instead of z will still screw your comp over so that argument is really invalid.

Watching 2/2/2 in the owl and seeing Orisa on every singel map in every singel game it is so obvious what is wrong with overwatch beyond players and the MM. Balance. Role queue will not fix that.

1 Like

thats exactly why this “solution” breaks more than it solves. Being unable to flex roles is a horrible change.

you mean exactly like what 2-2-2 is supposed to fix?
I’m looking forward to the outcry from people who can’t break bunker with 2 DPS… “player problem”.

1 Like

NIce argument, doesn´t take away from my point, 2-2-2 is not needed to take care of all issues. But it takes care of what i said, which is already a lot for low ranks.

It wasn´t instead of 6 people potentially wanting the same hero or roles, now only 2 do. In the end the better overall team wins, instead of, who has a synergizing/working comp, which means a lot in many of peoples games.

Balance been at the best it has ever been, next to no hero is throw pick and everything sees play and can be played. Orisa/hog value is the next thing we need to look at.

but then again, it is like you are arguing that 2x2x2 is not good, cause it doesn´t fix crimes in the US, it has nothing to do with that and it doesn´t have to fix any of the things listed, it fixes other proplematic things, confirmed by Blizzard to be issues.

I totally agree, this 2 2 2 role que thing is the best thing I have seen since I have been playing overwatch. I have been playing 2 2 2 since it has been released on the ptr two weeks ago and now I have so much less stress, this game feels so much more relaxed.

Oke, 2 2 2 role que wil not fix everything, but it’s a step in the good direction to having a better gaming experience within overwatch.

Now lets get a better balance fix for the “leavers issue” within competetive.

This patch was definitely not needed it just made the throwers throw even more

I never really honored 2-2-2 as some ultimate win meta. More often than not it was stomped by 3 DPS or 3 tanks. The loss of flexibility really hurts, especially as a DPS.
I used to flex to dive tank when getting stomped by widow, cant really do that anmore. It’s not like it will stop trolls or toxic players, but it will become dull realy fast, just wait for the “honeymoon period” to end.

Guy predicts big future for Owl…

2-2-2 was definitely the last thing this game needed it’s removed dynamic team comps, made it so wait times can reach in excess of 10 mins and forced you into a role that that can’t be changed, meaning if you have a leaver you’re screwed

5dps is not dynamic team comps.

play qpc for that, otherwise get with the program.

Yeah…no. Definitely could have been done much better. Your rank in one role shouldn’t determine your rank in others. There are way too many players that are clearly DPS mains for example playing main tank, when their main tank obviously belongs in a much lower rank.