30 min queue time? You need to work on the matchmaking (for real!)

I am an Overwatch player from first season. I have seen highs, I have seen lows, but never have I experienced so much trouble with the matchmaking as I’ve been in the days since (and I don’t know if that is a coincidence or not) the last Anniversary update.

I started the game with two friends, we mostly 2- or 3-stacked the game. The older the game got, the more frustrating I felt it was. People began to troll, giving up way too early, smurfing and don’t give a dime about anything no more. So the group system was the perfect tool for me to make me stay in the game. Since then, I have stopped every solo queue and only been doing groups to ensure that people actually care about playing together, fulfilling a role and communicating.

As I am working part time only, I am playing in the mornings as well. And here it gets tricky for me now: I have been in comp queues with groups for 10, 15, even 30 to 35 minutes. Just right now, as I right this text, it is 35 minutes, still continuing.

The problem here is quite obvious: All players like me, who are not willing to solo queue as Overwatch mechanics do not really enforce proper group set-ups and communication a.s.o. are losing interest in the game. Why would anybody who has been in queue for over 30 minutes come back to the game in the morning ever again?

The pool of available players will decline more and more if Blizzard doesn’t take serious action here. And with people not feeling Overwatch in the morning anymore, it is more likely that they will stop the game in general after all.

Don’t get me wrong: I understand that some people just want to do their thing, play a certain hero no matter what, smurf around and don’t care about anything. Overwatch gives us all the freedom to do so. But on the other hand, it doesn’t really encourage those who are actually trying to play as a team right now.

I just left the game after over 40 minutes of queue time without finding a game. And, promised, all my teammates left the game for now as well. It’s no fun to play like that. In the end, with the current matchmaking system, there are only losers.

I hope Blizzard actually finds a solution for this. Asap.

Best,

exp

2 Likes

You must have had a really unlucky timing, between the 3 stacks and early morning there was probably a lot of people to face you I guess.

I solo queue since release and the longest I had to wait is 7 minutes in low GM. Usually on an alt in high diamond it takes 3-4 minutes in the morning.

It’s prime time and we have waiting times of over 15 minutes…

Tonight? I was playing earlier in master and all my queues were below 5 minutes.

1 Like

6 stack: Stopped at 13 minutes.
4 stack: stopped at 11 minutes.
Now trying 3 stack.

No fun at all.

Not really surprized you gotta wait to 6 stack in ranked at 7am…

2 Likes

First of all, 9:30 not 7 am. Secondly, this has been working for months and years now, so there is a reason why it doesn’t anymore.

Either the matchmaking is not working properly, or there are not enough players. Both will end in the same result: People get bored of Overwatch. It’s the beginning of the end.

Edith: 9:30 mins in Queue now with a 6stack, at 4:30pm.

20 min queue time in Asia on prime time. this game is dead.

I’m right now in a 30 minute queue XD