4 Leavers in my games tonight

It looks like Blizzard is rolling back the years in providing shoddy servers/BattleNet connections to its players. I’ve had 4 leavers in my matches tonight.

Hopefully they investigate what is going on their end or bring something in to competitive in the form of a wait/nullify match results.

Maybe they didn’t want to play any more.
Maybe they didn’t want to play with someone in their team
Maybe they didn’t want to play with you.

None of these things can be controlled by Blizzard. But they are making a small change to leaver penalties for Season 4, it won’t people just leaving if they want to.

1 Like

Indeed, they cannot control that. I am pretty sure they are aware that they cannot stop those scenarios from occuring.

To have 4 leavers on an evening - a couple consecutive, I haven’t seen this since OW1 days. Suggests to me that something at least on the EU side, has gone wrong. Reporting it here so hopefully they can review this.

Suggests to me that it was a coincidence. Annoying, but it happens.

You either let it annoy you, or you move on.

You know full well reporting here doesn’t do anything as it isn’t a bug or technical issue.

You can do whatever you like, I just reported it here.

I don’t know tbh, it’s their forum, they do ask for feedback so this is here for them to review as and when they want to.

I do. I just get on with the game, and if its not going to plan and leaver was on my team, I leave when the timer in the red box is up.

Its just a game, so no point worrying about it.

Yeah that’s what I see on my game also. I do the same.

I’ll get behind that!
Also, I think that i big part players dropping out are not “leavers”, they are victims of technical errors. I’ve had several “lost connections” and crashes lately.
I got suspended twice this week because of technical issues on Blizzard’s end.
This I’m sure of since I monitor everything, both in-game and after games.
And I don’t get these technical issues in other online games.

1 Like

Yep, good detail there Jarhead, hopefully Blizzard can investigate this.

Dota does have the occasional dropout, but the Pause facility does allow that person time to reconnect so that the match isn’t affected. CS also has a pause of play facility.

At the very least they could look to do something like that or something similar to my thread post. Meh, we’ll see.