5 stack dps isn't funny

every group i get everyone insta-locks 5 dps then complains that they just die instantly and we lose all the time, i don’t get what you expect to happen? I wouldn’t mind if people were any good at dps but i’ve not seen a single one manage to actually kill anything yet
Why not just play as a team and actually have a chance?

5 Likes

Don’t play quick play. I am still not sure why this mode is not abandoned, it is objectively much less fun than competitive. No organization, no teamplay, no proper role selection and no attempt to fix any of this because there are no penalties for losing. The absolute bottom tier of gameplay.

3 Likes

At higher ranks QP is a bit more often organized but it’s still not that great, probably one game out of 3 or 4 is a decent game.

You can use LFG to find a group of people to play with locked roles but sadly QP won’t ever be the place where everyone tryhard.

I’m weird and I enjoy the game more when I win so I’ll usually play healer or tank in QP to have more chances but not everyone is like me and some people just wanna goof around, can’t really blame them.

Competitive is always an option too, you don’t always get the perfect 2/2/2 either but there’s always one tank and one healer at least.

Indeed, I d like a system that prevent the game to starts if

• there is more than 3 picks in the same categorie
  • there is more than 2 long range dps
  • more than one category with 3 picks

with that no more goats, no more 3 snipers, no more 4-5 dps…

You don’t have to play if you don’t like it?

2 Likes

It’s because people rather blame their lack of skill on other people than acknowledging that they are the problem.

3 Likes

Uh, your first and third are literally the same thing but worded backwards to eachother?

if the first option were true, you couldn’t have more than 2 dps, let alone long ranged so i assume you mean one?

LFG is the tool you’re looking for, lock it to 2-2-2 problem solved

2 Likes

idk what u guys talk about in my qp games the enemy team will try their hardest and my team is a casual qp team happens everytime

or like why people spam that they need healing constantly yet nobody is willing to switch to a healer/support character?

Sadly this is what happens when queuing up with randoms, you cannot exactly expect everyone to be willing to work as a team. It sucks but thats how it is.

1 Like

This is the main issue with normal OW gameplay. Its the one reason most likely to make me quit the game.

Same happened with me in comp. I had a 3.4-3.8 account which was banned, made a new one and solo qued into comp only for about 6/10 games to be 5 dps and me OR there would be a Rein who would charge in 1v6, die then switch to dps.

It’s not just in quickplay my dude.
I get 4-5 DPS every other game recently.
Not just lower elo, last night I played a 4080 average ranked match and we won with 5 DPS and a Zen. Can’t control it, but until they implement 2-2-2 into Ranked, what can you do?

In Quick Play, I think there is very little reason to complain about composition. Most people now a days come into Quick Play for seemingly two reasons:
-To learn a hero they don’t normally play.
-They just woke up, are stoned, are drunk, etc, and just wanna click heads for a while.

Nothing wrong with that tbh. But in ranked, it is still a common issue.
Nothing tilts me more than having 3 DPS on your team, and two of them can’t do anything because we lack the rest of the comp to make any space for anyone.

People don’t realize, it’s okay if you can carry, but you can’t carry now a days unless space is made, or you are hitting 95% of your shots. It’s not season 5 anymore, can’t just play whatever and win every game unless you are very good at the game mechanically. (Like going around one-clipping people all match on Tracer or something)

or they might as well implement a system like in TF2 where the game doesnt lets you pick a certain hero if there already certain amount of it already

this could help avoiding situations where half the team is DPS and only one healer and so on and so forth

Well for one, this already is the case, you can only play one of the heroes at a time. :slight_smile:
But i understand you mean roles, though TF2 is slightly different from OW, having a low amount of characters compared to OW.

But, this would mean, that

1. Limits freedom, without a choice

2. Rewards instant locking first

3. Forces people in roles, they might not be comfortable with or able to play

4. Requires even more communication and in terms (More people will flame each other), because of 2 and 3.

1 Like

Some times I just want to go into a QP game and smash faces with my reaper. Winning/losing doesn’t matter in QP, so I honestly don’t care.

Want to play with people who care? Play comp.

I beg and wish that my opponents want to play dps all i face of is goats for 90% of the time and bastion comps for the rest. Maybe sometimes the other team will want to play a standard 2/2/2 comp but meh if they start losing they’ll swap to goats. But hey its a good think we nerfd Reaper and Doomfist. This 2% pick rate heroes with 20 counters sure did a lot of problems for the game. :joy:
Oh and on the matter of this topic. Don’t play QP its beyond fixing.
Unless you know how to abuse QP’s mmr don’t play it.

nope long range dps is specific

You should be aloud to play what u want in quickplay because that why it called quickplay not comp plus most people only use it to practice as a certain character

Blizzard and the majority of players disagree, get over it or quit

Every since the game mode it’s been open roles and not locked down that why quickplay mainly for practice and Open to what U wana play and what u need to improve on