91% negative Steam reviews

So while I haven’t read any of the review, I just checked and Overwatch 2 has a 91% negative rating on Steam.

Curious what everyone thinks about it. Can’t say I’m surprised tbh

It’s acctually a little sad how the story Overwatch has gone. I honestly believe we had a masterpiece on our hands with Overwatch 1, and this is coming from someone who’s been gaming since Pong on the Atari. Overwatch was top 5 games of all time for me, up there alongside Quake, Half life, Assetto Corsa, Street fighter 2, etc. That’s how highly I thought of Overwatch.

The biggest problem we have with Overwatch 2 imo isn’t battlepass, expensive skins, PVE delays, nothing like that. The biggest problem with Overwatch is that Blizzard has forced 5v5 on us when it has offered absolutely zero benefits or improvements over 6v6.

It hasn’t improved wait times. It hasn’t improved mm, many games still feel super one sided. It hasn’t improved comms since naturally less people = less communication. Overwall it was the biggest error imo, and the nail in the coffin was it was forced on us, Overwatch 1 was no more, and that’s why I think we are where we are today with 91% negative reviews on the sequel.

I know you aint listening Blizzard, but if by any miracle you are, do everyone a favor and change it back to 6v6. It was a pointless change which really achieved nothing. Change it back and watch your player numbers spike up. Listen to an old timer. Not all changes are good or necessary.

4 Likes

I’m not surprised by it, I’m actually really happy and satisfied by the feedback.

Blizzard luckily have no control over these reviews, they cannot manipulate what is posted, they cannot remove them. The player counts also cannot be fudged - they’re falling week on week.

The Steam platform is THE PLACE to submit feedback, and true feedback, on the game and the terrible development and bugs. Unfortunately this forum is no longer the place, Blizzard don’t review it or comment back.

9 Likes

There’s really no need to be rude. You could cause some upset!

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I cannot agree on this, but I will answer you, the game is free to play, and nobody forces you to play it, Overwatch 1 and 6v6 is past now,I like more 5v5 BCS u can see clearly a balance into the game.

1 Like

Not sure where you’re seeing this mysterious 5v5 balance you speak of but I’m happy you are having fun

2 Likes

I am saying in general that Overwatch 2 is better than Overwatch 1 especially when we talk about the balance.

Ehm mate, most games tend to be one sided steamrolls. Saying overwatch 2 is more balanced than one is a huge false statement

3 Likes

Why is this a huge false statement, because we cannot agree with each other?

The huge amount of bad reviews speaks volumes.

1 Like

Game is no where near balanced. OW1 was fine. OW2 is one-sided.

5 Likes

No, not because we can’t agree but because of peoples personal experiences. My personal experience with ow2 is that there are more one-sided, unbalanced games than in ow1. So that’s why I can’t agree with this sequel being balanced.

Not sure if people remember but the last 2-3 seasons of ow1 were actually perfect imo. I think the whole “balance” thing is used as an excuse to try and justify forcing ow2 on us. Balance was actually fine towards the end of ow1.

They wanted to introduce bp on us for more income, everyone can see that now. It would have been less of a blow if they didn’t change it to 5v5, but alas here we are.

1 Like

im speaking from personal experience and looking what people say on the forums as well. Most complaints recently seem to be about terrible matchmaking and leavers and the resulting steamrolls because of it

It has nothing to do with not being able to agree with eachother or not, in fact i’d say its pretty obvious the game is badly balanced. The whole game was balanced around 6 v 6 not 5 vs 5 for one

Same here, we have the right to speech of freedom?

I can see 4-5 people spiting on balance,that’s all.

It’s actually balanced for 5v5 110%.

I told ya my personal experiences with OW2, but you accused me of a false statement which is not nice…

Yes you have. I mean you arent being prosecuted by the state for what you said so why even bring up freedom of speech? Its unrelated to this discussion

Maybe, but my point is, that my post is the same as yours with different opinions, and I have the right to say and type here as u have. The fact is u cannot agree with my opinion and accused me for false statement.

But saying the game is more balanced than ow1 is factually wrong. And come on man i never tried to shut you up. You are just as free as any other on these forums. So im not sure why you are mentioning the freedom of speech as if i am keeping you from speaking. I merely pointed out something you said is wrong

1 Like

This is so true, I get like 40% of matches where my team gets absolutely steamrolled, 40% of matches where my team does the steamrolling, and only the remaining 20% (win or lose) feel like there was actually anything resembling balance/challenge.

And that doesn’t even count matches with leavers. Hell half the time I’m happy to see leavers because sometimes the backfill actually improves the quality of the game—we’ve been steamrolling the other team, 2-3 people quit, and suddenly once backfill comes in it turns into a damn nail-biter. I’m not even mad when we lose when that happens, because at least it’s a challenge.

I actually just came back after a 6 month break. As infuriating as OW2 is, the truth is there’s nothing else like it out there, so once in a while you miss what Overwatch was and come back to try it again.

After such a long break the thing that sticks out to me most rn about ow2 is

• how shockingly bad the quality of players are in the same ranks compared to a few years ago in OW1.
  • game has lost a lot of its character. I’m still of the belief that blizzard could have made all their battlepass changes without changing the game to 5v5. Wait times hasn’t improved because of this, nothing has improved. If you defend this you’re part of the problem
  • Overall games are just meh now, whereas before in OW1 they had some meaning, some depth
1 Like

The more you squeeze your consumers the less happy they are, I mean how much should we analyze this? The user reviews ‘score’ is proportional to how much a company is willing to respect, or disrespect their players. The world of video gaming is very simple: you make good games? Gamers are happy (in general, because of course you can’t please 100% of your audience, ever, in anything). You respect your players? We’re even happier.

We’re not asking for that much. Just… you know, make fun video games, and don’t take us for cows you can milk while laughing your way to the bank and sure, I’ll give you a good score in a review. There’s really nothing that complicated about it.

1 Like

Game is fun at best, and horrible at its worst state. The MM is pants. Nontheless, why dont you push fan favourite skins for ppl to buy. You gonna regret not doing it. This game is dying.

You think you are expensive, go for a breakfast in switzerland, now those mofos are expensive. Best part of europe as well, unfortunately.