Absurdly incorrect ranks?

Hello!
Love the no-decay rank changes.
But IM 100% SURE that I ended my ranks on Plat 2 DPS and Plat 2 Supp and I INTENTIONALLY left them at the same rank.
Why when I log into the new season now it is Plat 4 DPS and Plat 1 Supp even on the history LOL. I got screenshots though.
I’m given the wrong competitive rewards as well. Frustrating lmao.
Any idea if this will be fixed/compensated?

2 Likes

Everyone’s ranks have been adjusted to correlate more with their mmr. Which means that these are more accurate.

Well no this shouldn’t happen the rank that I was in aka diamond 5 was the rank that I grinded up to they should not have deranked me to plat 4 to “match my mmr” when I grinded to the rank in the first place especially when rank decay is supposedly gone if it is gone but I can still get deranked at the start of a new season, is it really gone or just has it just been said to be “matching my mmr”

If you read what i said in a different thread.
They matched your rank to your mmr, but also accidentally decayed the ranks. The decaying shouldn’t have happened so once it’s fixed you should be around plat 2 or 1. (The rank is a guess)

I went down from plat 5 to gold 1. (Which is something i expected to happen, since the the plat 4’s just wiped the floors with me) which means i didn’t get the rank decay bug.

Experiments, that’s all it is.
There is no reason that makes sense, as to why they would change it JUST before the season ends. They must simply be experimenting with player behavior, to see how players react to changes if it makes them play more, and especially buy more stuff in the shop.
Don’t expect anything else from a noted company.
They couldn’t care less about you, MM, or players’ ranks if their changes make people spend more money.
And fair enough, it’s a free game. They owe us nothing.

Are you okay?
You have some really wild theories in several threads. If you so dislike how the game is working (or not) you don’t have to play.

Sure, that’s why I always play with my cousin (Platinum) at the same level, but I was silver and my counsin can’t understand, and after the update… I’m bronze… yes… it have been adjusted very good…

Definitely untrue, season 1, 2 and 3 I was high gold on support.

Season 4 comes around and suddenly I’m Bronze 5, despite the fact that I outheal and out-damage everyone else on my team consistently pretty much every game. I die very little and often end up with more kills and assists than even the DPS players on my team.

The ranking system is an absolute mess.

I went from gold 5 dps to gold 2 despite the fact that I am TERRIBLE at playing dps and regularly die more than I should and do less damage than even supports at times. My open queue rank (which I never play) went from gold 4 to plat 2.

Blizzard is absolutely clueless when it comes to fixing the ranking system.

I literally won 15 games in a row in support role and still didn’t rank up. Anyone trying to argue that the ranking system is fine is beyond delusional.