Account warning broken

why staff the position if its automated? why give the option to appeal if the option of action being overturned doesn’t exist?
we know the reason, but that doesn’t make it any better my man.

It’s not “automated” as some tickets need genuine replies.

But if it’s just someone claiming they were falsly actioned for abusive chat. . Tough luck.

Because even if some malicious ones got through and tipped you over. They would still find enough comments and whatnot that they would use to justify it.

There have been a tiny selection where they have overturned, but the player had a mountain of evidence (I think they were cheating bans).

Abusive chat however takes far too many reports to get actioned for it to be false.

the fact you have to specify ‘some’ is not exactly helping your case dude.

blanket philosophy that ignore genuine cases. why does something like that happening at blizzard not surprise me?

and thats a good thing? you are literally proving my point here dude.

oh so they can do their job but choose not to?

again dude, that is only true for the first time. once you have been actioned, it takes significantly less to be actioned again. i dont know how many times you want me to say it.

Lol. The system works pretty well, if you keep being a pillock in games, you’ll be dealt with.

I’ve never had a single warning or anything.
Aw
When I solo I don’t talk, just listen. If it gets heated I leave voice.

If I’m in a random stack I’ll just make simple clear calls, other wise I’ll just keep quiet.

There is literally no need to say 90%, maybe even more, of what’s typed in chat. Just leaving yourself open.

As they say in football when you do something daft… “you gave the ref a decision to make, you can’t complain when it doesn’t go your way”. Easiest way to avoid that trouble… Don’t do the silly thing.

If true, which it might be. Why you still doing the daft things after you’ve already been warned/silenced/suspended. Only have yourself to blame.

Trolling someone else I see, my god. :man_facepalming:

Not sure having a discussion is trolling my friend.

Maybe take your gaslighting elsewhere.

It’s not really “our own behavior” problem, when it’s a fact that people often abuse automation of the report system for the most nonsensical things.

Mhm, fat lie.

Your endorsements level is 2.
Even when I’m getting spicy on chat, and it can happen a few days in a row, I never go below 3, and most of the time I have 4.

To have endorsements level 2 you would need to be either a completely new player who just started playing, and you haven’t time to accumulating endorsements, or you are toxic as hell, and you get demoted below average :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is near impossible to abuse it. Unless you get the cooperation of hundreds of players, as you’ll never know who’s going to be in your game.

Lol. I play in stacks with friends 90% of the time. We can’t endorse each other. It’ll bounce up and down between 2 and 3 all the time.

Still, I might be reported. But those malicious reports haven’t even got me a warning. So why would I concern myself with them?

I have orange match chat perma off. And blue goes off when people start moaning. Believe what you want. I just focus on what Im doing when I play solo.

Lol why lie :man_facepalming:

Why assume and troll. Seems a little rich coming from you anyways.

In OW, all you need is 5 ppl to get automated warning, and after X number of warnings you get automated account silence, and after X number of those you get automated temporary ban. Most of the time, they only look into your case if there is a written appeal, and even then they can stone all you to save the time, so you need to eat w/e you got.
Blizzard has a history of not checking if the accusations against the person are true. They just throw a blanket with assumption that most of those reports are true, and while it may work for some cases, there are people who got even perma banned for something they didn’t do.

Even games like recent New World are under fire due to problems with abuse of report system, which in NW is also automated. At this point, report system abuse is a standard thing in MMO games.

Lie.
Endorsement doesn’t degrade on its own below 3, so if you once got 3 you will have it for good, and the only way to get below 3 is for being punished.

If I never got dropped below 3 even tho I can be a truly spicy teammate sometimes, then it means you are a seriously toxic in-game :man_shrugging:

1 Like

No you don’t. You need way more than that.

And as you’ll have seen from your games, getting 5 randoms to coordinate in your games is highly unlikely.

The that is quite some reach there. I can see a very non toxic player on a stream now… He’s only 2. I barely see anyone endorsing anymore. They goofed that system when there wasn’t any reward, which is why it’s going.

You can add me, play with me and find out what I’m like in game if you really want. Always happy to play with people.

Nah, only 5ppl, and I tested it on myself :slight_smile:
For a week haven’t said anything in chat, and then in one game got into flaming war with 5man premade, and got automatic warning a few hours later :man_shrugging:

Overwatch report system is revolving around teams, not overall community like in MMORPG.

Ps. Sometimes you get warning even for use of flagged bad words, so you don’t need to insult anyone, and they don’t need to report you, the system will pick up on your language, and you get warning.

1 Like

Lol. I bet you have. I bet you knew exactly how many reports from previous games you were on. How many games previously you’d been
reported and so on.

You have to be reported a lot to get actioned. I’m not sure why that’s a point of contention lol.

Just behave better and don’t get reported. No criticising people, no flaming, no moaning, no complaining… Just get on with playing and you’ll never have any issues.

The system does not auto warn for language. It has that “funny” filter and the standard filter… But that’s it. If no one reports you, you can say what you like.

No you don’t. One of the first punishments a player gets is endorsement level reduction, and that’s just for bad language in chat without being reported.

Mate, I have better endorsement than you, which means I behave better than you in the game, so maybe take your own advice, and stop posting hypocritical teachings which you clearly are not obeying.

1 Like

Lol. That isn’t and never has been a thing with endorsements.

“Better endorsement than you” that is a new one. Next you’ll be claiming you have better SR.

What wasn’t? You are level 2, I am level 3. My endorsement is higher than yours because I behave better in-game than you do. Deal with it.

Lol. No you’ve been endorsed more consistently, and endorse people more consistently.

I don’t endorse anyone and most people above you don’t even bother with it.

But if that’s the stick you want to try beat someone with go for it.

It’s like medals. Looks nice, means very little in the context of the game.

As I said. Add me, and come find out what I’m like in game. Rather than this reaching about some number that you’ve assumed how it works.

Again, that’s not how endorsement works.
You admitted to bounce between level 3 and level 2 more than once, and that can happen only if you are getting punished multiple times for bad behavior.

Who cares what you, or anyone else thinks, that’s not the point.

The point is that you are being a hypocrite by telling people how to behave, even tho people who you are trying to teach how to behave in-game are behaving better than you do.
Not to mention that you clearly don’t take your own advice, lol

First of all, it’s pointless, since anyone can act and pretend.
Secondly, I don’t need to since you already admitted to dropping below level 3 which means you were punished for your in-game behavior.

The fact is, if you were actually acting well in game, you would never drop below level 3 :man_shrugging:

No, that happens when your not keeping up your “score”. They die over time and it works on a FIFO system.

So if no ones endorsing you’ll drop to 2. Which is why you see most players bounce between 2 and 3.

Just pull up random streams, I bet pretty much all are 2/3.

Plus you have no idea if you’re just on the edge of 3 about to fall into 2 and I’m the opposite… Basically being the same. Who knows. Again, it’s another system where the details aren’t publish so you can’t know.