All have to know what game they're playing - BANNED but they don't know why

Support bans me for 7 days (I CAN’T JOIN THE GAME FOR 7 DAYS) for offensive chat reporting me 3 words “fk” “so bad” and “as” (reported in game situations and not to people)

This is the chat with admin

ht tps://prnt. sc/lggkwk
htt ps://prn t.sc/lggl29
htt ps://prn t.sc/lggl9a
htt ps://prn t.sc/lgglcl
htt ps://prn t.sc/lgglfj
ht tps://prnt .sc/lgglhp
htt ps://prn t.sc/lgglko

This is the proof that you got banned only if 15+ people random reports you because they’re mad, not because you really act like a dick. This is really random and they’ve NO RESPECT for money I’ve spent on this game

To Blizzard: You can permaban my account, I don’t care anymore about your game if i’ll continue to be banned for NOTHING

2 Likes

Just an other example of this flawed automated report system.
Technically everything is reportable. According to the CoC if you say hi and one should find it offensive it’s reportable and fully justified.

Your best bet is to stay shut and use voice chat only. Just try to say only the most necessary things and hope that noone will actually take the time to report you for any little word just because they dont like you.
And last but not least never ever ask one tricks or bad widow players to switch. They are going to report you straight off the bat.

5 Likes

You should feel lucky to be banned for that. I got penalized for saying “FUN” after games and my old name “asdf” got banned for bad battletag although I see lots of asdf based names around. And support insulted and belittled me when I asked why my name was banned. There is nowhere to report that bullying game master either. 10/10

3 Likes

Use the chat only to communicate strategy (when necessary). You can’t go wrong that way. In most of my games I use zero or minimal communication only when necessary from a gameplay perspective. I give literally zero reason for others to report me and I still enjoy the game.

If you want to talk to random people/players about other stuff then there are much better platforms for that purpose like online forums. Engaging with random people always has the chance to end up with serious conflicts because people are inherently different. For this reason I recommend entering the game to play it without communicating much when it isn’t necessary from a gameplay perspective.

You can create an atmosphere more suitable for casual chat by grouping up with people you know (real life friends or those you’ve found in-game).

1 Like

Not being funny but when you say things like ‘so bad’ in a competitive match, people are going to see that as toxic. That’s probably what you got reported for.

3 Likes

“So bad” and other kinds of complaining simply make the atmosphere worse for everyone. This is why it’s considered toxic and it adds no value. I wouldn’t report for “so bad” but in most cases frustrated players are much more offensive.

A lot of reported things are seen as sarcastic even if they don’t seem to be offending when taken out of context. For example sending GG or FUN to a steamrolled team. A steamroll is definitely not fun for the defeated team.

However, sending these messages is completely unnecessary, especially to the enemy team. They carry no value from a gameplay perspective. In my opinion the match chat could be removed completely because it is used for 99% trash talk and there is absolutely no need to talk to the enemy team that is full of random players. Console players without a keyboard are living examples that you can live without match chat in OW.

7 Likes

Match chat is a nice idea for if you want to talk to the other team. I play console, you see. I got sleep darted out of the sky while GA’ing then fell to my death. I would have said something along the lines of ‘That aim, Ana :o’

BUT I could definitely see how it can be abused. Like everything in a system, it can and will be abused unfortunately. A lot of pc players who have come to console have said how much better it is without match chat so you don’t see people raging. At the same time, sometimes you just don’t want to go on mic. For example, i’ve been trashed talk to before on mic because i’m a girl. It’s rarer these days because of Endorsement (surprisingly) but if I go on mic to try and communicate, I can be treated horribly.

I’ve never heard of anyone from console being banned, funnily enough. Probably because it’s harder to prove someones being toxic or rude - because it’s mostly on mic. At least with match chat on PC, Blizzard can maybe keep logs and look back at it?

Compliments like “nice shot widow” would be fine but they are rare, not necessary from a gameplay perspective, and the rest of the communication is 99% trash talk. There are basically only cons without any pros. And again, zero necessity from a gameplay perspective. Having match chat is simply asking for trouble.

The most common messages received through match chat are GG and EZ sent exclusively by the winner team. EZ is an obvious insult (meaning “you lost and you are bad” or “you s_ck”) and enemy teams often send it even after an extremely tight match that was obviously not easy. GG sent by the winners can easily be seen as sarcasm especially after a steamroll that was obviously bad, and why is it sent only by the winner teams… For this reason it is difficult to see it as something else than sarcasm. These are also completely unnecessary messages.

There are much worse things like this in match chat: complete “sh_t throwing contest” when someone accusing the enemy of cheating or smurfing or anything else.

Believe me, you are lucky if you don’t have match chat.

AFAIK there is no reporting feature on console and most people play it without any kind of communication.

On PC the text chat is logged but I don’t know whether they keep logs of voice chat.

1 Like

I actually think that it’s extremely hard to get banned from this game…
Only way to get ban is when you’re openly toxic or hacking nothing else matters.

I agree that it’s hard to get penalties. I played the equivalent of about 1000 levels across 3 accounts with different playstyles (including solo queue OTP, although not a niche character like torb on sym) and received no penalties. I got disconnected about 3 times this year (despite playing 5-10 hours per day) and received a few minutes of suspension from competitive. That’s all.

2 Likes

If you get a terrible team just leave the game dont even bother, blizzard are like the kim jong un of overwatch lol

1 Like

In competitive you get suspension penalties and eventually perma-ban for leaving. In QP however the punishments are much less severe and the system refills the slot of the leaver with a new player.

Getting “bad” team mates is the fault of the player himself if he allowed an automated matchmaker to give him random team mates. Have realistic expectations from random teams because they will always have bad quality compared to handpicked teams. People play the game with sometimes very different goals. As an example: if you have someone on your team who wants to learn a new hero then he will unavoidably underperform even if he wants to win. He might be an amazing hanzo, but a terrible junkrat. And this is only one kind of those players who have different goals from those who want to climb. No magical/automated matchmaker will ever be able to filter those players from your matches who have (at least slightly) different goals than yours.

1 Like

dying game who cares.

1 Like

For example you because otherwise you wouldn’t have joined the forum.

2 Likes

That’s weird, when I submitted a ticket regarding my silence I was given examples of what I sent that was considered ‘abusive chat’.

Also, guys, don’t say “I don’t want to play with a bunch of kids”, it will get you silenced.

Trash-talkers often call others kid/kiddo to degrade/frustrate their targets regardless whether they are actually children or not. I’m not surprised that “kid/kiddo” attracts reports and penalties.

3 Likes

this game is more kiddy than fortnite

The screen shots of you arguing with a DM are not proof of what you said, so no one here is in a position to pass judgement. Simple as that. :yum:

The only people who know what was truly said are the people in your games, you yourself and the DMs who reviewed it. Since you’re obviously the accused, we can hardly take your account of the situation as fact so… there’s no proof… so… yea, this is a dead end.

2 Likes

If it can be used with the intend to insult then do not use it, learn to use neutral words.

Never had penalties in game across 7 accounts either, that does not mean that i do not believe that false reports are a thing, i just do not believe this is the case here, i can figure that out by scanning thru topic quickly already, anything that can be used with the intend to insult should be avoided, that’s what i always do.
Anyway report system abuse needs to be dealt with, however i do not think false reports for abusive chat are a thing its easy to fact check, even reports for not participating or being afk, gameplay sabotage may be harder, i honestly wish for this reason we had replay system, cos you can have entire community fact check reports that way, i doubt entire community is as abusive with report system abuse as a small group of players.

Calling some one anything other by there name or hero played can be picked up as intend to insult, i would only call you by name Dinkleberg or hero played, for that to be offensive your name would have to be offensive, in that case its your name against naming policy for example, just never call anyone anything other by there name or what hero they play you be fine.

1 Like

I agree, gameplay sabotage is the only thing that can be abused heavily.

If they keep statistics and set the limits for penalties based on stats (like penalising only those who are top 20% when it comes to the number of gameplay sabotage reports) then the automated system might not be that bad. There are players who report everyone after a defeat but those reports are likely to spread out equally across the playerbase so a give player should still have to do something to attract above average number of reports. However, I don’t know whether their system works that way. Suspicious serial reporters could also be detected with a similar idea.

AFAIK a replay system is coming. After that a report reviewer system could be implemented. I’m pretty sure that there would be a group of people who would enjoy replay based reviewing more than playing the game itself. But reviewers have to be trusted, just like forum moderators. In my games reportable gameplay sabotage happens so rarely that penalising the false reporters could perhaps make more sense than simply rejecting their false reports. That would ease the workload on moderators/reviewers and would discourage people from false reporting for defeats, being a bad player, and similar non-reportable things.

1 Like