Any point of coming back and play this game after 3 years off?

I tried a few games but lost everyone of them but found 2 new nice characters(Echo and Ashe) but is it any point of coming back and play again or wait until Overwatch 2?

No, no there is not any point in coming back, after them nerfing shields we have zaryas running through the entire team, the game is “Steam Roll or get Steam Rolled” just wait for OW2 HOPEFULLY they fix some of the characters they refuse to touch

2 Likes

People only struggle because they failed to adapt.

Given that sigma hog seems to be the go to atm. Not sure where all the zarya is.

1 Like

Meh ever since around Doomfist it went downhill for me personally. Blizzard thought about making the game more chaotic right around that time. But I’m sure the word they used is “dynamic” :D.

But the question is why don’t you just try it. You already have an account.

1 Like

The game change A LOT since 3 years back.
Today you have much better players (it seems), it’s much harder to climb in SR and you are going to get smurfs bullying you in some games.

The fun level went from 10/10 to 5/10 just in the last year.

Don’t think it is any use to come back.
Have now played for 2 days around 40-50 games and only won 2 of them.
Was hoping to get Sombra Halloween skin but it seems impossible(Need 9 wins).
Only have 1 more day on me.

1 Like

If you only wanted the skin. Why didn’t you just do Junkensteins Revenge on normal.

Easiest mode in the world, takes like 7 minutes a shot.

Little over an hour and the skin is yours.

Also, if you have a 1% win rate after 50 games, thats not the games fault, that is you and your team playing incredibly badly.

1 or 2 games you might be able to explain away by blaming external factors (although I still think if i lose, its becasue i could have done more). But 40, at some point you have to realise you might be the issue (sorry if that’s a little harsh, but you are the only one in all those games).

1 Like

No, be happy that you got away and don’t make the mistake of playing again.

1 Like

Lol. Love all the salty comments from people claiming it isn’t worth playing again.

But they are on the forums. Of a game they openly hate?

not worth at all, unless you want to waste some time for nothing

1 Like

Please see my previous statement lol

If you’re coming back just to win, then no, it’s never a good time to come back. If you want a more balanced overwatch than recent years, without all the silly restrictions and map/hero locks, then yeah now is probably the best time to come back.

Play for fun, not just to win, because you’re setting yourself up for disappointment with the “I MUST win” mentality, especially in a game like this.

1 Like

I did the Junkenstuff as you said and now I have the skin.
Will do the same on Echo.

There never was a reason to play in the first place but if you really hate yourself you can try.

2 Likes

No. Game still forces 50% winrate for accounts with more established mmr. If you come back and want to play ranked, de rust on your main, but if you grind ranked 100% buy a fresh account.

Love people who think it is a forced win rate. Utterly hilarious.

nothing but anecdotes to back it up either.