Anyone Nvidia/AMD Having Crashes on Fresh Windows Install should look here

Good day,

I’m very new to the forum so forgive me if I’ve posted this in the wrong area and please help me correct it if so. I’ve been an avid OW player since about launch, Love the game but my account has suffered due to pc issues I could not fix before getting heavy SR drop and almost ban. Through the years I’ve owned both Nvidia and AMD cards with the same issue, I like to refresh my drives yearly with clean installs of windows and just Battlenet and Overwatch to start. No matter which card or if I had changed no hardware at all when I clean installed I had constant crashes, I was able to solve this on my AMD R9 with the following fix below. It wasn’t until today when I again fresh install but had upgraded to a GTX and realized the fix works for all issues and your going to shake your head how easy it is. (Note: you should still disable Overlay’s and Game DVR as that may be your only issue but if disabling all overlays/ updating drivers and closing back ground apps don’t work… DO THIS STEP NEXT.) Goto your My Documents folder and then Overwatch, after that settings and Settings_v0 is what your looking for Eg. C:\Users*PCNAME*\OneDrive\Documents\Overwatch\Settings\Setting_v0

DELETE THIS FILE!
(Don’t have Blizzard app or Overwatch Open)
That’s all I have done besides closing overlays (computer self updates), I have a feeling its due too Microsoft Cloud copying the old Setting_v0 file and it some how causes an error with a fresh install of Overwatch.

Hope this helps some that couldn’t get it figured out.

1 Like

tysm been having issues for ages and couldn’t find an answer anywhere but this fixed it!