Autoban is broken Free CaptainSwag#11789

My friend Swag was banned and has petitioned to get him unbanned. He was banned min skirm with us practicing for the Open Division while we were using discord and a recording software. He does not use any thirdparty apps. I work in account management he has reached into customer service, and they are giving him the run around. Saying the case has been reviewed but not stating what is the trigger. He was at a choir comp for literally a few days came home played one round AND GOT BANNED? I’ve seen the autoban system fail with WOW where a few people can report a player and cause a auto ban right there in a match. This system is broken we are asking for a live person to review the account and look for the trigger. As someone who works with automated systems I know they are not perfect but FFS we want someone to look into what the trigger was. I know you can’t disclose it, but something is amiss. This is a scuffed situation this kid literally is one of the most non-toxic overwatch players i’ve ever met, and ya’ll are treating him like trash. lay off 800 people and loose more players because of customer service like this.

11 Likes

I also know CaptainSwag#11789, and he has literally done nothing to warrant being banned; he doesn’t cheat and never has, and he’s one of the friendliest players I’ve ever met.

3 Likes

Yeah, Swag has never been the type to cheat, and furthermore, he’s not toxic like a large part of the player base, it should only be fair that his case be reviewed and he at the very least be told of his “crime”. Autoban systems aren’t perfect, and neither are people who report players who might just be better than them!

3 Likes

Free Swag, Blizz and hire some employees to do your bans instead of leaving it up to automated systems. No wonder your company is dying.

2 Likes

Id like to see blizzards reasoning for the ban. I know him well enough to know hes no cheater. Any auto ban software is screwed up either it bans the wrong people or it lets the actual cheaters go. If you are going to ban people do it yourself not leave it to a computer.

2 Likes

Played with this man multiple times, i’ve never seen him do anything sketchy. why does he deserve the ban. he’s worked hard to get to the rank he is at. I’ve seen better companies with Auto banning systems (Rockstar and Uplay) Fix your crap Blizzard.

2 Likes

Known Swag for awhile and played with him a couple times, he isnt the type of person to take away someone elses fun by hacking. He has enough skill on his own.

2 Likes

Thank you to all who have posted so far we have went tried the traditional customer support way, and no one is taking the time to review it for him. Swag literally used a recording software, and Discord. I’ve watched his kill cams so many times, and if he was really using a program we would not be playing in plat FFS. #FreeSwag2019

1 Like

never known the player but i have friends who did get banned for “cheating” when they just had skill i watched there potg’s,highlights and wow no cheating pure skill but the banning system is so bad that it just bans them love ow hate ow ban system

1 Like

Free CaptainSwag, he’s an honest player #freeswag2019

1 Like

Such situations cannot be resolved directly in the forum. Your colleague must contact the Support directly to clarify the situation. I’m afraid this is the only way.

He can listen to this from now on:

This has to be the most suspicious thread I’ve ever seen. 9 different people - sorry, 9 different accounts all posting pretty much the same message. And every single one of them has only this one post.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if these users were encouraged to make an account here just to contribute to a thread. If only they knew it’s pointless on the EU forums…

While Autoban is a thing, I do not think it’s so credible that all of these comments only have one post on the OW servers (Not that I have many), but still. Only having 1 post makes it feel like these are all alt-accounts trying to get yourself unbanned, rather than a group of people wanting a stranger to be unbanned.

It’s a small minority of players that bother coming to and posting on the forums.
An undeserved ban would encourage them to do so.
Just saying…

Anyway, good luck with the issue OP. If the ban wasn’t justified then it’ll be resolved with some time and patience.
If it was, then, well good.

Penalties applied to a players’ account can only be discussed with the player in question, and are not a topic for debate in the forums, as Raxr correctly pointed out (not to mention that petition threads are generally frowned upon). Please also bear in mind that each penalty is reviewed very carefully, both before it is applied and when it is appealed against.

Locking this thread as unfortunately nothing good can come from it.