Banned from the US forum for quoting someone

This isn’t the first time it happened. I quoted someone who was rage quitting the game I guess and he wrote some insults to the devs, I quoted him saying that’s not very smart way to go about things, and tomorrow I guess both him and me were banned, and my ban permanent.

This is the second time it happened. In 2018 I quoted someone who got banned and again, I found myself banned too. That first time I contacted support via the forum link and got an email back apologizing for the confusion and my ban was lifted.

this second time however I got a reply saying that my ban will not be lifted and that it was justified.

Not something I would lose any sleep over, since 99% of my posts on the forums are pointing out errors in the game, highlighting bad balancing decisions, etc. So maybe it’s a good thing for them I’m not able to post on there.

2 Likes

Welcome to the refuge.

I was banned from the US forums too for disagreeing with a bunch of mercy mains during the AriaRose debacle. It’s fine, we’ll go back there in the year 3019 :rofl:

3 Likes

Might have been a combination of flags you’ve had and that naming and that post being the final straw. To be honest, making this post isn’t the best idea either.

I’m pointing out that the moderating team ban people by mistake, and have done so in the past as well. Not sure what part of that is not a good idea.

wow toxic people gets banned in us and comes here… just wow… Did eu forums became us forums’ dumpster?!? wth omg.

2 Likes

Nice attempt at trying to troll my thread and get me to act toxic to prove your point but it won’t work. Go troll elsewhere :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You could open a support ticket, if you think the reason why they banned you is not valid.

It might be seen as using the forums to appeal to remove a ban, which is rightfully frowned upon. I just don’t see the point of this thread. Basically it states “well, I have been banned from there, and I won’t lose any sleep over it”
To be honest, we won’t either.

In any case, I doubt you have been permabanned from US forums just because of this one infraction. While random above could have put it a little more friendly, I certainly agree with the gist of his post.

i once got a temporary ban for quoting Zardoz to express my love for mercys gun…
clearly the moderators are not into classic cult movies…
also seriously Sean Connery in that outfist is just to funny X3

Cant rember if it was this or the US server… anyway it’s not my fault their censured word filter did not protest… how am i am i supposed to know a word for basic human anatomy is going to piss them of…

seriously absurd…

Blizzard forum: where culture is not allowed!!!

1 Like

stop your toxicity wow you are ruining our forum too!!!

Okay, now you’re pushing too far to agree :slight_smile:

Just a bunch of oversensitive babies in murica, got banned there too for stupid reasons

1 Like

One funny memory is I got a one week ban on the US forums for calling someone a “wan-ker” once in jest, like we do sometimes in the UK among friends.

What makes it even more ridiculous is that the word is used in a Tracer voiceline in the actual game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the US Blizzard forum staff didn’t even know these things as America is quite bubbled off from the rest of the world.

1 Like

This forums is so awesome so you can get 1-month ban for a some words, which can easy spoken on USA federal channels news.

Blizzard lost their logic like 10 yrs ago, deal with it.

I like how they unlisted a thead when i informed people about a certain consumer protection law…

No point mentioning it again because they are just going to unlist the thread.
Blizzard does not want you to know your rights…

(this was on the EU forum though… very much the EU forum hint hint…)

1 Like