Banned/suspended for not being good enough?

Can you be reported and banned/suspended for not being good enough in this game?

1 Like

Sadly yes, if you get reported in multiple matchs.

3 Likes

Yep. People abuse the report system, and people get upset and feel the need to report the opponents to make themselves feel better.

2 Likes

If that “not good enough” is deemed to be deliberately throwing the game then yes. That is a reasonable thing to report.

Sadly, there will always be people lying to you claiming it is a false report… but it isn’t. Soft, but not false.

We’re talking about a player that is playing bad, not delivery throwing. Since people love blaming others, I’m pretty sure some of them report teammates that does not meet their expectations, that case can be considered ‘report abuse’ or ‘false report’.

4 Likes

You mean deliberately?
That is something many people can say but 2 things:

• If you are “bad” , the MM will put you with other “bad” players
  • If you are getting reported CONSTANTLY for throwing … yeah some of those reports are true.

Take into account that even though false reports do exist, you only need ONE legit report for the account to be actioned.

1 Like

Is that, thank you!

It happens many games having 1 player that underperforms comparing with teammates, and he may not be doing that deliberately. I’m pretty sure in some cases, some frustated teammates may report those players! Even if the probabilities seems to see low, it can happens very often being reported in multiple matchs and have a penality triggered.

3 Likes

Say you’re that under performing player.

1 game, you get reported. That’s probably a bit harsh from your team mates. But nothing will happen.

Now, if you’re that team mate and it happens frequently enough for you to get actioned. It’s one of maybe 3/4 things .

1. You’re throwing
  2. You’re so off your game for whatever reason, you’re throwing
  3. Some reason the game has you at such a wrong MMR you can’t keep up.
  4. The enemy see you as the weak link and are punishing you.

The first 3, you are in some ways griefing the game, so the report isn’t false.

The 4th is unfortunate. But if they are punishing for being the weak link and your not swapping or changing up your positioning… You’re kind of throwing still.

But to get actioned, it has to happen a lot in a short period of time. Meaning a pattern of behaviour they want you to stop.

That seems right but is very theorical and would work maybe in a perfect world where players aren’t toxic and don’t easily lose their mind.

For exemple support players are often blamed for not healing enough and sometimes is not even their fault. We can have cases where support players have a defeat streak and not healing enough duing different factors in each game (1 bad game, 1 bad pick, underperfoming DPS that still blame support etc…) and being reported for that and eventually punished.

I remember once had a tank apealling the players to report because my team supports because they were doing DPS instead heal. That tank was a ball constantly doing 1vs5 and my team support did like 30%/50% more heal than than opponents support. If by luck we find 3/4 players like that in short period of time, surely we’ll have unfair penalities being triggered.

So the OP asked if we can get banned by playing bad, this is something that can perfectly happen.

Doesn’t matter how well you play, at some point you’ll get blamed.

But being blamed, doesn’t mean being reported. I bet that people actually reporting it is so rare, that it’s barely noticeable.

People playing this game just want to vent at someone when things don’t go their way. They’ve never been told no, so they don’t know how to process defeat and they lash out.

But, yes, theoretically it can happen. But to get reported that often for it, means you clearly shouldn’t be there (or you’re deliberately doing it)

How’s that throwing… So you don’t play the game as others want you to, and that’s considered throwing… What even.

People are just toxic, they report you when they don’t like something, or make a mistake. it’s as simple as that. Thus abuse of the report system.

1 Like

Soft throwing.

Where as hard throwing is a deliberate act. Soft throwing is not so deliberate, playing a hero you know to be sub optimal (either through poor comp fit, map or balance).

Persisting with a hero when you’ve been countered, if leading to a loss is a soft throw for example.

People are, as I’ve experienced from certain individuals. But as explained elsewhere. “abuse” of the system is highly unlikely, and used merely as a get out.

Don’t need to take responsibility, if you convince everyone the system is to blame. Something you see from certainly politicians.