Battle net can't find game, how to update?

I was having issues downloading the new update and someone suggested clearing the cache, so did that. Was fine and download was going okay (but had to stop as internet was really slow last night)
same this morning, so clear cache again, now battle net can’t find the game. Went to the folder where it’s located and battle net can’t find it, presumably cause its not updated. How do I update it? Running Overwatch doesn’t work. When I click install it tells me I don’t have enough space to download the whole game (my harddrive has less than 14GB left) do I really have to uninstall and reinstall?

1 Like

Greetings Simowl,

if Battle.net has trouble finding your game installation (which is completely normal after deleting the App’s cache), you can click the “Locate the game” button next to the Install button. Here’s how it looks:

Just select the Overwatch directory and the Install button should turn into an Update button. Click that and you’re good to go! :wink: If you have any trouble updating a game, these steps can often help:

Pachimari

I tried that, it can’t locate it. It says that the folder doesn’t have the correct version of the game.

5 Likes

The latest patch required a completely new re-download and install of the game, (Well, the latest major patch did), there was a small hotfix after - I would suggest that you completely uninstall and re-install the game again.

Did it? I thought that was going to be for an upcoming patch

No, it happened this last patch. It didn’t completely re-install for everyone, but there were a lot of changes to the game files. and so on. I’d recommend completely reinstalling the game if you don’t manage to locate it and update it.

Got feedback about the support I’m providing? Leave your comments here!

I am facing the same issue with war zone i can locate the directory but should i select the folder or the files in it to locate the game

I fixed it!
I tried manual locate where I downloaded my game then “couldnt find the game” but I just click the Play For Free and choose where to install it (click where the previous location or the game folder) then ok, the update downloaded the remaining data. Hope you get the gist and helped you hehe

7 Likes

thanks man, you saved my #%^*

You saved my life too :D:D:D

give this man an award