Blizzard attention needed

12 games out of 20 tonight got some using aimlock/wall hacks. blizzard completely lost control of what happens in OV?

1 Like

You can report replays. Use it. It might help them with automatically detecting those hacks.

1 Like

Yeah I am hearing it is about a lot.

There is the Anti-Cheat Police Department on Twitter too… Although he has given up a little with Overwatch because Blizzard are not doing enough to stop it.

1 Like

I’ve only encountered 1 wallhacker in my 3 years of playing OW, though then again that’s probably luck on my side.

Anyhow just keep reporting.

that you know of

20 characters

If you don’t watch kill feeds, and never watch replays back, you will never know if you encounter these things.

Sadly, there is a huge wave of hacks for OW available atm that Blizzard haven’t blacklisted yet.

Usually happens. They appear, stick about for 3-4 weeks then start reducing, or get wiped out.

dude, we all paid for this game. it’s blizz’s work to watch replays and figure out cheaters… and yes, I do report everyone that I suspect using cheats/hacks.

12 of 20? Yeah sure. Probably l2p issue. Replay codes or didn’t happen.

2 Likes

If you’ve reported., nothing more you can do. Unless you can get everyone to force a draw.

Sadly if you are the only one report though, the chances are nothing will happen to them.

1000%
The easier it gets to post replays and seeing anyone not posting it, it smells like a blame deflecting.

1 Like

naa you just disregard everything anyway because its the kind of person you are

Thanks for agreeing with me about random statements with no proof that make outrageous claims being false.
Nothing else is needed from you here :rofl:

I’m not gonna say names but for everyone saying hacks are not a thing: Do yourself a favor and do a quick search on Google and YouTube with the appropriate terms.
The results will show that hacking is a very real problem and it’s more prominent than ever.
There are an entire industry of this. People make a fortune from selling or re-selling monthly subscriptions for such software. There’s even a platform dedicated for developers for this very purpose. Again not gonna say names. Google is your friend.

These tools have gotten increasingly complex in recent years, with whole underground communities and forums and even companies dedicated to ensuring aimbots and wallhacks remain undetected for monthly subscription fees.

Please note that I in no way form or shape endorse this kind of behavior. Simply searching for it and mentioning FACTS isn’t against any rule. Simply stating they do exist is not bannable so get your hands off that big 'ol report button.

I do run into about 8-11 cheaters every day and get 2 or 3 “thank you for reporting” messages on a daily basis. I don’t think mass bans help a lot. People who cheat won’t stop doing it after losing a ten euro or so account when they would easily cough up many times an account’s cost for the monthly subscription fees anyway.

As a software engineer myself I can - though not verifiably of course - imagine what’s going on behind the scenes and I can quite confidently say Blizzard’s antcheat isn’t up to the standards. I do work on antcheat software for living so I should know a thing or two about the topic …

I will not deny there’s a lot of good and legit players are getting falsely accused, reported and banned for cheating. This flawed report system isn’t quite efficient in catching the real problem. And I’m honestly feeling bad after receiving those report feedbacks … What if I’ve got someone banned for simply being better than me? After all nobody can surely decide simply out of replays unless it’s obvious.

Any further thoughts?

1 Like

This is 100% false. There is no indicative, fact, stat, survey or anything related that will confirm this. You are basically throwing claims with zero base.

This goes against pretty much the VAST majority of player’s experiences. Anyone can see streams and see that even in Masters/GM there are not that many. You are overexaggerating and again, with zero base/proof/replays, nobody with a minimal skeptical and logical mind will believe this.

Clearly you dont and again, everyone here can claim they are engineers, anti cheater software developers bla bla. If you truly knew how they are coded (as I do) you would know how to detect them and you should be able to tell a good player from a cheater. Period.

As stated, if you truly knew how they are coded and had experience (Ive been playing FPS for 20 years) you CAN tell via Replays. Sometimes it will be easier, sometimes it will take a bit more and yes … sometimes it will fall under a “maybe” category.

You want a thought? Here are some FACTS:

  • Word is cheap.
  • Claims without proofs are worthless
  • Avoiding pasting replay codes that can be used as proof is a clear indicative of deceptive behaviour.

There you go.

Well yeah that’s a pretty fair statement, honestly if it’s that surpressed then i’d doubt it’s doing any damage… to me at the very least.

Wdym with blacklist exactly?

Taking down the sites themselves that offer hacks or just blocking the code and banning these users?

They tend to band people in waves once they figure out the 3rd party tool being used and are able to ttrack who’s using it. Then that code gets blacklisted so someone trying to use it get insta banned.

usually how these things work.

Blizzard can’t really take down the sites, far too easy for them to just pop up elsewhere. Most of them just use discord servers now.

Ah i see.

Yeah i agree with how Blizzard is acting is very slow and unefficient.
I’m not an expert to work against cheaters, though it seems like it can be done much and much better.

As for the sites, they do get taken down if reported… though yeah lengthy procedures.

100% true. and as a financial institution employee I can guarantee that there are n+k ways to perma-ban someone from using your services.
unfortunately we dealing with blizzard - “pickpocket” mentality & prostitutes morality. they can’t just simply miss 10euros.

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this comprehensive reply. I truly appreciate it. Now, let’s get to what I have to say about this.

Survey, public stats? Blizzard would never brag about having cheaters in their games. It is in their best interest to not make a big fuss about it. It isn’t rocket science. Noone likes to play a game infested with cheaters and obviously publishers would do anything to avoid showing that kind of image.

I’m not. Really all you need to verify is to Google for it. There is no better evidence than the first few results of the search query.
Again I cannot say exact search terms or website URLs or concrete directions because that would count as either advertising or distributing cheats which is of course against the ToS. I’m sure you can figure out some search terms on your own. It’s not hard.

You see, the perceived reality can be very different than the actual reality. Our silly human brains often fail us and makes us either not notice important things or see things that aren’t really there. Simply, naked eyes and replays only is an unreliable way of telling cheaters apart.

There aren’t that many players in high ranks in the first place. Don’t expect to find the most cheaters there. You can have godlike inhuman aim with cheats but if your game sense is bad you will end up in plat/diamond. And that is exawctly the place where most of the cheaters play.

Anybody in ownership of such capabilities could easily conclude that most of the playerbase is around plat so that’s where you gonna meet the most kinds of people, including cheaters.
Nothing personal here. I can see why you think that and I’m not implying that you don’t have the aftermentioned “capabilities”. Yes high ranks are hyped and everyone wants to get in there so some buy cheats but very little percentagle of them actually end up there. Aimbots don’t help game sense.

Huh, I wonder what made you see so clearly that I’m not a software engineer. Do not ever work in a HR dep. please! Just kidding, I did mean no offense.

So you know how they are coded? Good for you! I’m happy that we have something in common so we may have in-depth discussions about it :slight_smile:
Anyway, do you realize that programmatically detecting a cheater is not something I can do in Overwatch? I am just an usual player just like you are. I do not have the privilege to do that.
Speaking of detection, picking up on a cheat software involves many sophisticated techniques like memory pool tag scanning, evaluating or manipulating memory i/o before letting it through, checking for function hooks, checking the IAT table, checking for specific kind of traces that specific cheat software often leaves behind and the list is endless. I cannot do any of that as a player. All I can depend on is my quite bad eyes, my silly human brain and the replays. That is often frustrating and misleading.
I wish I myself could help Blizzard detect cheaters. My last development for the < name redacted > anticheat is that it manipulates memory I/O in such a way that it reports success for unauthorized memory write requests but does not actually let them through. Instead it caches it and the next time you check whether your modification has been successfull, it’s gonna return back what you have written unless it’s been internally changed since.
I can see cheat developers banging their heads against the desk wondering why their software don’t work. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Btw you can check this mechanism out in action at streamable dot com forward slash orul9.
You see Blizzard could do so much against cheats but they don’t. That’s why I think their anticheat isn’t up to the standards.

Anyway, You saying “why don’t you just detect them then” heavily implies that in fact it’s you who doesn’t know very much about how anticheats and cheats are coded. Again nothing personal. Not understanding this is perfectly fine. Not everyone has to be a developer :slight_smile:

I wish this was true, but unfortunately it isn’t. We humans are pretty bad at picking up on things. At least I personally experience difficulties telling cheaters apart solely from the replays. You see, today’s cheats have so many options and features that it’s very hard for the naked eye to differentiate a well configured cheat from legit play.

Absolutely.

Google is your friend. One can easily find those sites and communities offering cheats.

*edit: Corrected typos. Oops!
*edit: Corrected typos again. I should’ve double checked it!

Your “reply” to this part literally did nothing. You threw words like it “counters” my argument and they do not. All of that means nothing. You said:
The results will show that hacking is a very real problem and it’s more prominent than ever.

If you dont have any stats, surveys or conducted studies, you are basically pulling this off your “interest” mate. Plain simple. I just busted you. Nothing else.

More smoke.
I can also say:

  • Reality backs me up.
  • Your google search is full of fake sites and random opinions
  • You dont have any proof and now you are using the COC to “shield” your lack of proof.

I dont know who you think you are trying to “sell” this mate, but its not going well when you speak with someone that is actually able to see through the smoke.

And yet, that is your only “base” for your claims.
Thats why we have MILLIONS of eyes watching streams and sadly … cheaters are, in FACT, not seen that much in OW so yeah, reality proves you wrong mate. Sorry.

Again, you are throwing this with zero base.
Where is your study? it makes no logic and also there are multiple streams from unranked to GM and with Diamond/High plat players (i am one for example, got 2 accounts on those ranks).

More smoke again. You have zero base or zero studies about cheaters detected per rank and you are just HARDCORE guessing.
Second, most of the player base is SILVER and GOLD mate. Again, do a google search if you dont have a firm grasp of reality because thats how it is.

:man_facepalming:

Oh its easy:
1- You have absolutely no capability of tell a cheater by a replay (only the obvious ones)
2- If you knew how they are made, you would be able to tell about them with A LOT of efficiency.
3- Being a software engineer has nothing to do with specific coding of cheats. You can know a lot of apps related to banking and have ZERO knowledge about coding a cheat in videogames.
4- Since you are acting like you dont know the third reason, either I am 100% right or you are trying to sell smoke and being hardcore disingenuous.

Oh, getting triggered when I called you out really proves I got you buddy! no offense! :rofl:

Also dont go so hardcore on a strawman, I never said you can detect specific cheating codes by eye, but most cheaters CAN be detected by watching their replay. This is just a fact and if you disagree, you are basically exposing your lack of knowledge in the matter.

Again, 20 years playing FPS teach a lot. Not everyone has to have those years of knowledge so dont worry about it, youll get there someday! :slight_smile:

It is, but again, just because you cant do it, doesnt mean nobody else cant.
Since you are friends with google, search for the Overwatch Police or Kephrii, IDDQD, Fitzy and many others “busting” cheaters or playing against them. You have now many hours to learn! enjoy!

Again, for the … 6th? time:
The mere existence of cheats doesnt prove ANYTHING you said right.

Lets sum up your claims with zero base/proof:

  • The results will show that hacking is a very real problem and it’s more prominent than ever.
  • I run into 8-11 cheaters everyday.
  • I do work on antcheat software for living so I should know a thing or two about the topic …
  • nobody can surely decide simply out of replays unless it’s obvious

PS: Try replying without smoke and mirrors and provide proof (not excuses) to ANY of those 4 statements. Telling someone to “google something” can be used both ways, doesnt work.