[BUG] Auto-fire (automatic firing issue) with XBOX 360 and XBOX ONE controller (Overwatch - PC version)

Good day.

I have two controllers from Microsoft:

1. XBOX 360 Controller
  2. XBOX ONE Controller

On both of them I experience same exact bug whenever I’m trying to play with a controller:
When I press Right Trigger - my character starts some kind of automatic shooting and it will not stop unless I leave the match or use my mouse to perform an attack. If I use a Left Click from my mouse, the automatic firing will be stopped, but the moment I press the Right Trigger again - my character will resume this automatic firing. By “automatic firing” I mean that it just keeps using main attack from the Left Click non-stop.

I have contacted the Customer Support regarding this issue via web-chat, but the operator was unable to provide me with any information on the mentioned issue. Also, via Google I was able to find some topics from 2016 regarding the same exact issue, and even two Blue Posts from Kaplan, claiming that there has been a bug fix deployed to the mentioned issue - but it hasn’t been fixed it seems.

Both of my controllers, including the USB-port on my PC, are in good working condition and I don’t experience any issues like this in other games that I play: Borderlands, CS:GO, COD etc etc.

Heya,

Thank you for reporting the bugs you find, and helping the developers improve the game for us all. This is not the right place to report bugs though, post any bugs you find on the dedicated bug reporting forum instead.

Submissions posted there have the benefit of allowing a community discussion around high-impact bugs, which can occasionally help in prioritizing them. If you want to check on a bug, we also keep a list of known active issues at the top of that forum that all players can see.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!