Can i have another free battletag change?

I know im gonna get alot of hate for this post, but i just realized my account was spelled wrong (After a couple months) and i see that i cant change it for free anymore. So im requesting a battletag change. Please dont be mean about this in the chat…

1 Like

No, you can’t

Sorry, but that won’t be possible. You only have one free Battletag change. After that, you have to pay 10€.

Making an exeption to you won’t be possible either because then other players demand one extra free Battletag change, too.

The fact that you have to pay for a name change is pathetic though.

Isn’t an attractive argument because you’re making it sound as if it’s some strenuous task when it’s all automated LOL.

10 Likes

What a surprise, the person who aggravates everyone and is obviously being ignored, reported and/or avoided by most people he comes in contact with, would like to change his name for free so he won’t be recognised as easily.^^

1 Like

It is still a valid argument. If you make an exception to one person, you have to do it for any other person, too. The effort of action doesn’t matter. What’s important is the action itself.

Using ad hominem won’t make Madkat’s argument weaker. Attacking the person just make the discussion escalate into a kindergarten fight so please refrain from posting such comments.

4 Likes

I’ve never changed my acc name. Nice try though. I’ll give you another shot at making sense. Tick tock.

You can tell people to report you for bad battle tag in every game. As the report system is an epic failure, so called game masters won’t control it and it should force a name change automatically.

Correct. Blizzard doesn’t care about anything.

It literally says

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable, and will result in penalties to your account.

but so far 0 players (has to be 0 based on the fact that no one who reported me was ever banned and I’ve been reported a lot) players worldwide have been banned for falsely reporting someone.

1 Like

Game Masters are actually able to fix minor typos or capitalization mistakes in BattleTags. However they can only do that when they’re contacted immediately after changing it. If you’ve noticed it after a couple of months, it is highly unlikely they’ll be able to help you.

Pachimari
2 Likes

Woooow. That’s like… Super not useful. You’re beyond naive if you think GMs actually care about helping people. They wouldn’t be giving generic template responses relating to HotS when responding to an OW ticket if they did. They also wouldn’t circlejerk and never ever disagree with another GM. They’re at subzero levels when it comes to logic

1 Like

If you’re not happy with an answer an agent provided you with, you may leave appropriate feedback in the attached survey. This forum is not the right place to discuss it.

Pachimari
2 Likes

This could have changed since 2012 but MVP’s have direct lines of contact with community managers so it wouldn’t be far-fetched that they can ask or know how specific types of Support tickets, like a name change due to a typo, are handled.

Please keep in mind that we are talking about an appeal to fix a typo in a Battletag, not an appeal to lift a ban or something else.

The surveys are pointless. Referring to them as “agents” lol, I call em sh*tmasters or customer disservice trolls

MVPuppets talk to CMs? That would explain why they’re always out of touch with reality :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re missusing the term “ad hominem (fallacy)” here, because in this instance, we’re not talking about a fallacy, but something relevant to the issue. The person in question is all over the forum complaining about being unfairly persecuted for alleged toxicity while displaying heavily toxic behaviour. In other words, they are someone highly likely to be punished appropriately yet take up a route of vengeancy against the company that punished them and pretty much everyone else. If it were someone with a good reputation to call for that specific feature (free name changes), it could be argued in good faith, as they wouldn’t be expected to intend any abuse with it. However, if someone is shown to be on the edge of legality with regards to the terms of service, it is not far-fetched to assume that they’d like the version of it that allows them to circumvent punishment, specifically by not being remembered when changing names, maybe even immediately after a match, as to obfuscate their identity.
To put it more concisely: the character and intent of the person posting the statement matters in this case.

1 Like

Thus, based on your statement, you’ve used the ad hominem du quoque fallacy, making the argument weaker by calling the person out to behave or act contradictory to the argument.

Their argument has also nothing to do with the person because their argument was:

1. You shouldn’t pay to change your name.
  2. The argument for making no exception isn’t valid.

None of these arguments could be countered with the person themselves.

For simplicity’s sake, let’s say that your argument was basically “you are a bad person”. Now listen how those counters sound:

1. You should pay to change your name because you are a bad person.
  2. The argument of making no exceptions isn’t valid because you are a bad person.

Those counter sound absurd but this is basically what you said. The person isn’t involved in the arguments and thus the personal attack was completely unnecessary. This is why you used the ad hominem fallacy or, based on your statement, the ad hominem du quoque fallacy.

Just try to avoid attacking the person themselves if it isn’t necessary. Those are the ones who lead to threads escalating into kindergarten fights.

Punishment often involves restrictions. Preventing punished people from changing name for a period of time actually makes sense for various reasons.

I know this from wow and its a great feature.
And it works. (ofc in wow faster)

But that’s not the argument of this case.

What does fixing a typo have to do with punishing a player for breaking the CoC?

On second thought, I rather want to discard this issue because it might derail the main topic.

If you want another free name change, just ask people nicely in game to report you for an inappropriate name, the system will automatically reset your name to “Player-(number)” after so many reports are clocked up and will give you a free name change

be warned though you can only do it a couple of times before the system just automatically gives you a name and wont let you change

you’re welcome everyone

3 Likes