Can not purchase golden weapon due to lack of funds error

Hi,
I currently have 3315 competitive points and I’m still unable to purchase the golden weapon variant I’m going for.

I can select to purchase the golden weapon and get the currency selection window with selected competitive points and after clicking yes I just get the message:
You don’t have enough to purchase this item.

I have a feeling that it even though its supposed to be paid with competitive points it still checks for the legacy points where I currently only got 1535 and therefore gives me this error message.

There is a 5 mo. old reddid post about people having the same problem which got necroed with new comments about people having the same problem a few hours ago so it seems like I’m not the only one. Still no Forum threads which I find a bit odd.

9 Likes

Same problem here. Also my friend cant buy golden guns even though he has over 4,5k points.

4 Likes

yep, thirded. i have exactly 5555 of the current red comp points and i cannot buy ram’s gold staff. i suspect this is a bug that has to do with the bonus ‘drive’ points not actually having any in-game value or something

i also have 1795 legacy points so might be due to that too, either way very frustrating because i just spent all day playing comp instead of studying for exams lol

4 Likes

same here I have 22670 competitive points when I click the buy dva’s golden weapon it says you don’t have enough to purchase this item.

3 Likes

could you try buying a jade weapon? maybe they are not letting people buy gold weapons for the weekend and haven’t expressed it. jade weapon skins get replaced february 2025 i believe.

2 Likes

I don’t want to buy Jade weapons. I don’t like them.
Therefore trying it would be a “waste” for me.

1 Like

Absolutely peeved that the Overwatch team TRICKED everyone like that. I tried to see whether the jade weapon was purchasable and guess what? It is! The ugliest colour and most useless weapon skin is once more available over the golden. Remove the colour, no one likes it and you forcing it down our throats isn’t okay. Having to play with an ugly widow gun now, thanks Blizz for wasting weeks on end of my time saving up for the golden weapon. I’ll celebrate your bankruptcy.

4 Likes

That’s messed up. I hope everyone sees this message and know not to try clicking the Jade weapons. Why would they trick us to buy Jade like this??

1 Like

Same here, cannot purchase golden guns… jade works fine

1 Like

Likewise, I had just finished the competitive drive, and I can’t redeem my points for the golden weapon skin.

1 Like

same thing happens for months in US forums aswell,

no answer regarding to this “cannot buy due lack of credit - meanwhile u have bunch of it-”

ow is just a forgotten place for blizz atm, they dont care those stuffs anymore i guess…

here the us forum post;

2 Likes

has anyone tried messaging blizzard support? hopefully this gets fix on shop refresh tomorrow :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

ignore me, hasn’t been fixed yet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Still the same problem here, I have 4525 comp points and am unable to get the gold skin due to “Lack of funds”

1 Like

same here can’t buy gold guns ps5 just says lack of funds

2 Likes

Yeah me either I have over 3.5k competitive points and we’re in a whole new season and I still can’t buy a gold gun

1 Like

More than one week has passed since this was reported, it is a mass issue and they have done nothing. Oh but let me get my wallet to buy some recolored skins for 20 euros, cause new season yay.

1 Like

I managed to buy the gold version, I just spammed the purchase button :cold_face:

1 Like

Same here, last night I spammed it, no success, it even got stuck many times “processing”. Today’s morning, first try said not enough, second time purchased gold hands for moira straight away.

#yougottabelieve

What da. It worked O.o.

Spamming the button indeed worked after I still wasn’t able to buy it.