Can placement matches finally be renamed?

I mean they have absolutely nothing to do with placements. It’s just 10 matches in the beginning of each season that you have to play to get gold gun points and during which you can’t see your SR.
Seriously, you gain/lose SR just like in any regular ranked game, it’s just that you can’t see it until you play ten games.
I’ve won 4, lost 6, so total is 2 games lost, which is roughly -50SR, and that’s exactly where I was “placed”. And it has been the same all the seasons.
Please, just remove or rename this nonsense “placements” already.

I’m pretty sure they serve some sort function but I don’t like 'm either. Every season I’m so nervous to do them, it’s not fun.

Though i must note that I’ve had multiple season placements where i lost more than i won and still end up higher than my previous season end rating (not always) or even weirder, higher than my previous season high. It’s pretty weird, i wonder how that works.

That’s basically what it feels like for most players, however, this isn’t always the case.

Placement games are there to help you get closer to your mmr. If your mmr is higher you can get even 300+ sr from placement.

And they are performance based. Thats why you can end up higher even if you didnt win most of them.