Can we talk about CC? And actually balance. Or maybe even the future of OW!

Previous seasons tanks used to be semi-immune to CC. Beginning of OW2 there was the statement that CC will be removed and/or reduced. Yet here we are in season 9 and all that jazz is gone. CC galore again, sleeping on the floor for 6-8 secs straight, CCs even easier to hit with the huge hit/projectile boxes.

Just come out straight, “we dont give a F.!” learn to play COD.

Honestly, I came to OW from a dead game that was a space moba (even dead it has an active community on its own scale). It (OW) hooked me good because the abilities and balance (back in OW1 atleast) made the transition pretty analogue. Cloakers ambushing (sombra = ghost), tanks holding lines (rein/orisa = colosus), fast dps making hit and runs (executioner = tracer) were on point. There are more analogies with supports as well (paladin = mercy), (basilisk = zen, kinda)…

Nowadays I dont even know where this game is trying to go. That dead game had cards you picked that gave you builds. You could be a super fast glass cannon, or CC immune tank. Extreme heal bot with low mobility. Maybe that is exactly what OW2 needs right now instead of shifting the meta from one side to the other every season. There is only so much you can do with fixed heros stats in the end.

I know this opens up a whole new can of worms, but that game had just as much heros/ships as in OW now if not more. And the meta was always fresh, with everything viable in the correct order or correspondence.

Lets make OW2, OW2! Add a new gameplay element to slightly customize cooldowns, abilities, effects. I rather have everything viable to some extend instead of having to wait another season for some fixed stat patch.

1 Like

I am not sure I can agree with going as far as you’re suggesting. But they seem to like role passives… And I think tanks could have a little CC immunity as as a role passive.

Might leave Doom and Ball a little too strong for some though.

You are an enthusiasts. “A soup salter” like it was said back in the day.

So what did you “salt” today?

Maybe you should sit down for a moment or maybe even two and listen. Wouldnt you agree?

You like agreeing, yes?

Maybe Im mistaken, maybe you like experiencing?

Blizzard seem to loveeeee their CC. World of Warcraft is full of it. They don’t seem to learn from their mistakes.