Can't change region

Why on earth would you require such thing BLIZZARDDD!!! isnt authtenticator enough???

2 Likes

true… i have the same problem… and still no information from BLIZZARD…

To combat cheating and disruptive behavior, due to Overwatch becoming a free to play game. If an account gets banned or suspended you can’t create a new one with the same phone number, because your number is tied to that account. Otherwise it would be a haven for such people and it would ruin the game experience.

1 Like

Oh :frowning: So I guess I won’t be able to play as I only faced this issue 2 hours ago and opened the ticket straight away.

if you’d let people change their number and get a verification code to submit independently I think it would lift some weight from you support service’s shoulders!

5 Likes

Hello Daernayc,

This link is not working.
Each time I click in “continue” button, it’s make a “loop” and recharge the page with no modification.

Mau you help us. Pls?

23 Likes

Change region function does not seem to work atm :frowning: . Support servers are probably overloaded.

1 Like

You just made this unnecessary hard. Funny that you did not need any proof to set default region, but to change it you need some information which i just can not simply provide, but let me explain my issue:
I wanted to set phone number to be able to play Overwatch2. I made this account years ago (2016) for Overwatch. I bought it in GB where i was working in this time. Now i am in Poland where I lived 99% of my lifetime and I can not simple change this settings because your system ask stupid questions like:
Information about WoW (about buy or character creations date), what is problematic because i never had WoW on this account.
Information about physical game coppies (again, never bought).
And Information about digital copy transaction info from my bank account (which I can not provide simply because it is from 2016 and i have history only to 2018)
Next you ask for some photos with my details and bills for rent, or energy or something but again i can not provide those info, because all of that is paid by my fiance and i only give her money.
Like come on Blizzard, why you even blocked possibility just to change area code number? I could just change 44 to 48 and everything would be great but Nah. Now I need to waste my time on forum for post like that, and my and your support time for tickets. In Premier day!!! Just do something about that please. Do I have to wait few days just because I want to receive skins i achieved in Overwatch?

33 Likes

Dear Daernayc,

i guess a lot of people have the same issue not to able to change the Country / Region. So we will not able to start OW2, right? Please help us it that issue.

2 Likes

Same issue here. This needs to be fixed asap. Ideally they should allow us to use phone numbers that are set in different countries. Just allow the area code to be changed

6 Likes

Same issue for me, I live in Denmark atm and my country is set to Sweden. I try to log in to the self-service, but it keeps going in a loop when trying from this link, pressing the “Continue” button: Contact Support - Blizzard Support.

I have tried contacting support, but the site tells me to “Log in for better support”, even though I am already logged in. Pressing the “Log In” prompt simply reloads the page with the same pop-up window, telling me to “Log in for better support”.

Absolutely infuriating, and I cannot send a mail or call them, since those support options have been cancelled through the years.

16 Likes

I am sorry but this is ridiculous. Why is such a problem to let players link they existing number to game, when it does not match the country they have in profile, people make many years ago. You cant let us change our country manualy (idk why but ok), and we cant add different phone number there. I am slovak, living in Czech republic. I am paying many years now for wow subscription with czech card and there is no problem with it.
Why is such problem to link my number to account is out of my understanding. I just hope this will be solved soon. Thanks

1 Like

Same issue… kinda crazy that they would do this and the comms weren’t that up front until today.
Now I have to wait hours/days to get my region changed before I can even play the game.

Hi, I am also unable to change my country, sent proofand everything they merged my two ticketsbut no response its been 3 days…

pls can you solve the “loop” problem , we really want to play

7 Likes

cmon … cant belive how hard blizz is failing
cant play cuz of these s…

I have this issue, however i submitted a ticket a few days ago so i wasnt stuck in the infinite loop. I submitted a passport but they rejected it. They wanted me to submit a utiliyt bill, but i am 17 so i do not own one (like, seriously blizzard waht 17 year old owns a utility bill…), so i submitted my provisional drivers licesne which had my address and name, but they rejected it to and gave me a lazy response when i said i am 17 and dont own a utility bill. I have now submitted a bank statement, proof of purchase, and my drivers licesnse again, stating where the proof of residency is on each document. I am awaiting approval which will take anohter 3 entire days. The UK goverment themselves accept a provisional drivers licesne as proof of residency, but blizzard cant??? this system is awful. Considering most of the players are younger, do they really expect us to own utility bills. These decisions they make sometimes baffle me.

2 Likes

It is not working! We need solution! It is a BS! Why would you need my phone number? I am paying for games for 10 years and now because of my phone number I can not play with the game I PAYED FOR!?

2 Likes

This is the most dumbest thing ever!

Blizzard, ffs… come on

Same here… Help… Oh lol I have to write more than bleh characters… This is dumb…

still cant play because i need to change region and that link isnt working… what are the odds… “Unexpected server error” on blizzards end. What a joke. should of said “expected server error, on top of the issue”. fix your website so we can change our region and play this RELEASED new update.