Can't join a game

I am trying to play Overwatch 2 on steam, the game launches fine, except i can’t join a game. After i click on “Practice Range” the game is just loading for a while and then i get a “Failed to connect to server” error in the bottom left corner. I have an Internet connection in general and in the game as well, for example it connects to server when i launch it and i can view the shop and such.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issues. Every time when I try to enter a game the “failed to connect to server” error gets thrown even though my internet is working fine. This occurred first after the invasion update.

Hopefully they fix it soon, clearly they have failed to properly quality assure their work again :frowning: when will they learn

Same here.
Anyone else here linked their Blizz account to console but primarily play on PC? Since I’ve done that I’ve been seeming to get more connection issues. Could just be me though.

+1 for someone else experiencing it. I’ve tried second windows install, updating graphics drivers, second game account (that I’ve not played since OW1 btw :smiley: ) and still get this intermittent “Failed to connect to server”. This happens for the KR mission (although I’ve no idea if that’s because I’ve not paid for the premium pass this season), Arcade, vs AI, but strangely doesn’t seem to impact QP games. This has been going on for about 3 weeks but has worsened and seems to impact 4/5 games at the moment.

My games are normally on CDG & AMS (mostly AMS). The only thing that seems to work (although impossible to be certain as it impacts games at random) is playing over VPN but that increases my ping from 30-40 to 60-70 and drops frame rates down to 30fps from 200

did you ever find a fix?

same issue. any solution? i tried everything but get nothing.