Change to input based matchmaking

Not sure why this isn’t a thing as default tbh but stop matchmaking based on source and start matchmaking based on input.

If you play with controller, match with other controller players and all accessibility options that go with it.

If you play on K&M match with other K&M players with assists removed.

Penalising friends that want to play cross platform with a PC player when you could just use a controller on PC and join them makes more sense than forcing console players to play without controller assists.

Forcing disabled PC players into disadvantages because they use controllers is just outright discriminatory.

For a game that tries to force every kind of social niche arbitrarily into their game, screwing over disabled gamers is a bit of an ironic twist.

3 Likes

100% agree. This needs to be happening

Yell this louder so blizzard can hear!

It just makes sense that a person playing with a controller should be playing with others who play with controllers regardless of what platform they play on.

Yes but dont we run into the issue where swapping to keyboard mid-game could be unfair? I have played for fun with some friends both controller and keyboard. I used the controller to walk and aim and my keyboard to use abilities.

That would be easily fixed by the game disabling input from another device than the one you’ve chosen. Other (even indie) games can do that, so why wouldn’t blizzard be able to?

1 Like

Sorry for very late reply, but you can always bypass something like that. Change the machine name and type or what so ever.