Changing the server region without battlenet app

Hi! I’m wondering if there is a way to change which servers Overwatch connects to when launching directly through overwatch.exe and not overwatchlauncher.exe or battle.net app. Due to some windows related issues, I can’t run battlenet app, and by default it connects me to american servers even though I am in eu region.

Greetings CupOfRedTea,

I’m not aware of any method to adjust this. To be fair though, the game shouldn’t be launched via the overwatch.exe, but always through the Battle.net app — so I would definitely focus on making that work. Are there any errors that pop up when trying to launch the app? :thinking:

Pachimari

Config files? Launch options? American servers ip block? I’ve seen that on Australian forum. Anything?
Yeah Battlenet can’t launch update agent because the non-admin account blocks it. And yes I’ve tried “run as admin” and everything known to people nobody knows why it doesn’t work, not even Microsoft support knows why. And when I run it in administrator account the performance drops to 20 fps and constantly stutters and freezes. I copy pasted settingsv0 from default acc to administrator account and it stopped stuttering, but fps is still 20. So… idk… it’s a struggle.
So basically, one windows account runs the game fine but can’t launch battlenet, so hello 200ms lag, and the other runs the game like a calculator. So technically hardware and all that is fine, it’s smth else going on.
And the stutters and freezes didn’t happen at first, it only started happenning a few months back. Maybe I installed smth that runs in the bg and I don’t know about it (that is blocked by the same thing that blocks battlenet and a few other apps), but I ran a few antivirus\malware checks and did a clean boot and neither of the issues got solved so it’s still a mystery. The cpu is only used 40% max, ram is at 70%, resourse monitor only shows frequency usage of maximum 89%, so I’m at a loss (and the game does run fine in another acc on same settings so yeah)…
hElP mEh