Cheaters get banned. But what about their friends/clients?

TLDR: I report cheaters and I get emails that “Measures were taken”. OK. But I suspect these cheaters are actually boosting some friends or clients. And I am not sure if these friends or clients get punished too.

I report the cheater’s approximate group mates too.
But usually I only get 1 email per 1 provided cheating replay where I have reported up to 3 people.
How do I know if the actual issue - the player asking for a boost through the cheats gets resolved ? Is there any official answer from Blizzard letting us know that intentional pairing with a cheater gets punished too ?

I make my assumptions based on the very blatant nature of the cheating - the dude would just headshot ever second shot and call it “Skill”, ending in a freaking 75% elims of his team and 10k damage over 2 minutes. And in replay it would look like instalock hard aimbot.
This kind of actions are the complete “GG” to anyone’s account.
This gives clear understanding that the whole point of this is not to boost the cheater’s account itself.
There are very offten some guys in the cheater’s team who would defend him instead of freaking out from obvious cheats. (I always freak out and propose a draw when I see this on my team)

So, what do we know about the F2P cheating-boosting issue atm ?

If there is clear evidence that the cheater was boosting a specific player. They will also be actioned if reported enough.

It’s almost impossible to tell, even if they are added and stacked, if people even know.

So it’s hard to actually action that kind of thing.

1 Like

One may not know if playing a few games like this.
If you play a dozen of games with a cheater and you see the enemy team claims - you MUST start wondering.
If you see his actual rank compared to his stats - you MUST start wondering.
If you watch a single replay of blatant cheating while in Q - you MUST start wondering.
If you see how somebody headshots the whole team - you WILL wonder.
You would at least ask him in the chat or voice chat (now we know Blizzard is making voice to text from it).

The question is: if Blizzard is going to ban the whole stack who is intentionally ruining the game. Of if Blizzard is going to say things “It’s hard to tell” and let people do what they want.

If it’s “Hard to tell” then guess what. I will find a “Good friend” who can help me getting out of Plat into a Masters range where cheaters cannot hold for long and where fresh account cheaters can barely reach me.

And there I will reside with comfort relying on Blizzard’s 50% forced win/lose system.

I just need an answer from Blizzard:

“Yes we punish” - good to know and good to follow the rules. The situation will get better eventually.

“No we cannot action” - this makes the new rules which I should follow to get myself out of the situation I guess.

Pretty sure I’ve heard of instances before where boosted accounts got banned along with the hacker - unless those instances I heard of, the boosters used hacks to level up said profile that they were either paid to do a service, or intend to sell to the market.

Eitherway, Blizzard never usually reveal this detail. It’s a pity as R6 do provide such a notice back to you, as well as a remove of any loss/gain made from the match(es) you were apart of with said hacker. They hardly ever post on this forum also tbf, so good luck with getting a response - meh.

Having been there, yes, you do notice in time.

But maybe they are utterly clueless and just think they are good, or smurfing.

Whilst they should get banned, it’s a tricky one to deal with accurately and efficiently.

Same with people deliberately throwing. Smart people wont be so obvious.

Sadly though, you won’t get a direct answer from Blizzard on the forums. There are rules about discussing account actions and such, and they like to keep a low profile on what they are doing. I’m sure they have a reason for that.

well, when cheaters happen, I take care of it on the battlefield.

1 Like

A good plan.

You could always create a thread to falsely accuse someone of cheating, then get mad when told they aren’t cheating.