Coming Together to Celebrate Pride

Pride is inherently not political. Politicians have just decided to use it as a political game piece.

Even in finland people hate pride for some reason, when our version of the celebration is to just hoist a single rainbow flag at the city hall. Other than that people just wear rainbow accessories. And still people go out of their way to steal the flag from the city hall and burn it on the steps.

At least in ow i can escape to a map that actually has that pride parade feel to it, where no one can sabotage the decorations that stand for acceptance and peace.

It’s only political if you make it so in your head, otherwise it’s just about a basic human right of being allowed to exist.

2 Likes

describing exactly what a certain group of people do is paranoia now :joy::clown_face:

1 Like

Are you delulu? My post just got removed because it was “System flagged”. Your post also happened to be removed, and I would say they were about as tame as two chihuahuas barking at one another.

There is no conspiracy here. It’s the forums being sensitive.

Which is very much the case. There are certainly actions being done by a large swath of them that would be considered criminal, but instead they’re considered “Stunning und Brave”

What’s worse is that I don’t see the “Community” en masse condemn those people. Instead they just pretend they don’t exist.

Because it’s unsightly, garish, narcissistic and in some places: Criminal.

Rudeness is expected. People simply don’t like one another for one reason or another.

Stop pretending that they’re being hunted and killed though. It sounds as paranoid as trendysensuals acting like people disagreeing with their life choices mean that they want to curbstomp their melons. It’s delusional.

Let’s just pretend that the West hasn’t started treating straightness as some kind of dirty thing in entertainment…

3 Likes

As I said, extremism exists on both sides, and it is common sense not to look at things exclusively from one side :balance_scale:. the lgbt theme (or the woke, generally) must not be something aimed at denigrating the other side, otherwise we are no longer talking about social integration. I think / hope that it is a fairly understandable principle.

a very spontaneous question: in what way does Overwatch denigrate straight people?

yes, i think it’s an optimal way to define the “Political” vision around pride month, but i still think that we should never forget that the goal of pride month is a peaceful and non-violent celebration first of all. says “we exist too” to a society that has become accustomed to a specific type of humanity.

that then there are certain shows, marketing operations or other that exaggerate the message with a denigration on the opposite side is wrong, no one says the opposite. but in what way is the exaggeration not a cause of discord? And indeed, speaking of Overwatch here, in what way does it exaggerate in our case to criticize it? i think this is the point where they say “i don’t have problems with the LGBT+ community, but…”: why do you feel the need to mention it in areas where it doesn’t create a real controversial problem or an attack on heterosexuality?

in my country in italy we absolutely do NOT celebrate halloween or lunar new year, but we have it in the game. and i seriously doubt i’ve seen the same amount of critical topics for countries that don’t celebrate this type of holiday in their own countries. Except for pride month: “right of speech / thought in disowning it”. i would really like to know where you were to say the exact same words when there was the celebration of the lunar new year that follows a calendar extremely not in western culture, or when they added sprays on the occasion of ramadan: “we are in a globalized world”? so the lgbt theme is a globalized peace event now.

1 Like

Yeah, no. My country doesn’t celebrate it (Thank God), outside of a small fraction of people.

Who conveniently enough look about the same as the average San Francisco afternoon… People who shouldn’t be allowed on the streets.

2 Likes

We don’t celebrate either in finland either, and yet halloween is my favourite when it comes to cultural/religious origins for celebrations (and the aestethic).

If christmas (which originally started from christmas eve and continued for 12 days beyond that. And also used to be a very different midwinter celebration of light) is allowed over 2 months of the calendar despite millions of people not celebrating it. Then i think a peace/human rights rooted celebration definitely shouldn’t be critisized for taking a month.

Now if only everyone on both sides was just content to live and let live, things would be better.

1 Like

Going back to my original point.

3 Likes

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

That’s all

Yep, that is all… otherwise I would of typed more…

2 Likes

I wonder what kind of event do you want for non LGTB ahah

1 Like

Everything grey and the water replaced with porridge…

1 Like

I think the argument is degenerating into things that have absolutely nothing to do with the game. :neutral_face:

Pride month is here. Are you fwar by a bit of rainbow? I don’t know, try a VPN, if it’s enough to pretend to be located in russia to not have a rainbow in the game. :person_shrugging: because until proven otherwise, making such insinuations is against the code of conduct when communicating in a public forum. whether you want it or not, Overwatch has decided to promote LGBT+ events, that’s it. stay relevant to the game.

2 Likes

That’s a fantastic summary buddy about the man with many accounts.

6 Likes

Quite frankly well said and agreed…

:smile_cat:

4 Likes

I can see the comparison to Christmas being celebrated far longer than the usual 1 or 2 days (depending where you live) with all them decorations etc. But Christmas took very long to establish, this pride month is only really a thing since the last few decades. I take a lot of things into moderation and I think a month is too much. But oh well, I guess it is what it is.

3 Likes

I came to say thanks for the reminder about KFC, I’d not had it in years so I made my own. But the post is gone.

Oh well, at least we know who that dude is now.

Well the good news is; National Ice Cream Month is incoming! I wonder if Blizzard will make any ice cream-themed maps or skins…

1 Like

1 Mei re-colour coming up.

(actually, isn’t there an ice cream skin coming up this season… I swear I saw that in the video/update somewhere).

That could actually be quite fun. Just pastel colored ice cream skins and a “candy land” esque re skin of a map or 2.

1 Like