Comp Match Making

I took a brief break from OW for a bit and when I came back my win loss ratio was ok. But then I getting 4 losses to every 1 win. And shortly after that, 7 losses to every 1 win. Did OW devs break their own matchmaking when I was gone? I didn’t feel rusty when I got back on and my stats in game don’t reflect me doing poorly.

When I started OW again I was in masters 1 (support). A few days later I’m now diamond 1 (support).

There’s differently a difference in this season to the last seasons we played, I found a lot of streamers who are GM having problems and havign a win loss rate of 5-15 but not even moving rank, yet when I lose 5-15 I go from Plat to Gold instantly.
They’ve Definately changed something this season without telling us. It’s almost like the derank system at the start of seasons they had many months ago.

No, GM is just a fat bigger SR range, and they’ll have far smaller SR swings with results because of high MMR.

In plat/gold, 5-15 is a 250+ SR drop, so chances are you’ll drop multiple divisions, maybe a rank.

They aren’t doing anything funny. Sadly.

MMR has been an on-going issue for a while now. That’s why I don’t really bother much with the game until they sort it out.

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me again as I got back to masters 1 lol. I’ll follow your example and lessen my overwatch play time.

1 Like

Good call. It won’t change anytime soon.

Indeed
There aren’t really any changes to match making that they need or should make.

Even CoD has (finally) spoken on it to address concerns.

They clearly NEED to make changes. Many others agree.

Many (or some, forums are too few in members to really judge) do. Doesn’t mean they are right. Especially as a lot of them think “rigging” is also a thing, or engagement based match making. Which as the CoD Devs point out is rubbish.

As the CoD Devs point out. They run tests quite often. If there was anything worth changing from them, they would have done it and told people.