Competitive bans

I was banned from season 4 by just a single disconnect (which was due to a power outage). I was banned for the same reason on season 3’s last 4 weeks of it. I resolved my internet issues but I have no control over power outages.
I understand I served the ban of season 3 but when season 4 launched I was already on a 20 hour suspension on competitive for no reason? I never played any game of it. After playing a couple of games I had a power outage which resulted me getting disconnected from a game and a single disconnect of season 4 lead me to another seasonal ban.
I don’t think it is fair to just ban me from season for a single disconnect issue which wasn’t my own fault to begin with. I would like to appeal for it.

Thank you,
billa#21426

2 Likes

This happened to me to after being banned from season 3 competitive I received a 20 hour ban after not playing a season 4 game.after that I disconnected due to internet issues and was banned for the entire season.DannyJC31#2497

The punishments don’t reset between seasons anymore, it says so in the patch notes.

if you are having connectivity issues, do yourself a favour of sticking to quick play. Or your suspensions will accumulate to perma competitive ban.

Was searching for my first game of the day, and the message “entering game” came up but after waiting I was never put into a game.
I got suspended.
My network is fine, no issue at all. There wasn’t any chance of me leaving from disconnecting because I never actually got put into the game. No map, no nothing. Just the message “entering game” with the loading sign.
very upset.

This is a real issue. I used to play competitive as a console player on the Nintendo Switch but was plagued by random disconnect issues. And this isn’t a problem with our network, this is a problem with the Nintendo Switch console or Nintendo Switch version specifically, since there has been no such issues with the Playstation 5 or PC versions (on the same network).

This time I was banned from competitive season after leaving a single quick play game!? How is this even related… I get that you cannot differentiate between people leaving a game and disconnecting but there has to be a road to redemption here. I have not done anything to deserve this harsh punishment. My mistake was playing on the Nintendo Switch version which I have stopped doing competitively.

Edit: there’s more information in this post, apparently there’s a leaver status that you may end up in and it does apply to quick play as well. In summary, don’t leave games… and don’t play Overwatch if you have connection issues. You will get banned, eventually…

Oh really?!Rule is same for everyone,if u have bad internet u don’t play Overwatch,by leaving middle match bcs of internet connection u destroy gameplay not only to your team even to opposite team.

Yes but I’m talking about redemption. I’ve stopped playing on the Nintendo Switch entirely because it’s just too big of a risk but that’s a platform issue. There’s just something wrong with the Nintendo Switch edition.

Bans increase in severity. How do I get it back to normal. I’m not disconnecting and I’m not leaving any games but I can’t play competitive at the moment and I’m worried I won’t be able to in future either.

I just got banned from comp even though I never left the game, it just kicked me from my match saying I was banned and now I can’t play for 43 days

That’s good isn’t it? You can play other games for a month or so.