Competitive bug that doesn't let you rank up

Are you guys also being shown you’re about to rank up and the next win you remain the same but at the very top and if you lose after you’re placed right at the bottom about to rank down ?? Whenever I’m about to rank up it does not let me but if I lose a couple I am ranked down fully. What does this false hope even mean ???

1 Like

Not seen or heard of that issue as of yet even on the tech forum buddy.
Raise your problem there in the meantime.

It could be an actual bug, or just a visual bug where the visuals just don’t match the stats that you have.

Either way i hope it gets sorted out.

1 Like

I am betting visual.

Also, people shouldn’t be worrying about or even looking at their ranks in the first maybe half of the season. Just focus on improving and learning the patch and how you can best adapt to it.

Second half of the season, some of the issues will have been resolved (usually the mid season patch) and you can push on to what ever peak you want to try achieve.

Most GM/T500 players are getting set at Master 1 to start (as with the 3900sr cap in OW1). So not even they are likely to get their peaks in the first couple of weeks. (plus the really good ones are playing in tournaments atm).

Who are you to tell people what they should be worrying about…

Who are you to tell people what mode they can and can’t play…

But, here it is merely a suggestion not to worry about it while the game is in a small state of flux. Learn the patch, work out what works for you then progress.

Where did he say this?

1 Like

In a different thread.

I actually never said this.

1 Like

You did. But most of that thread has been rightly “purged” now.

Can you stop lying and making false accusations. I know what I said.

1 Like

I know what you said too. So no worries.

I’ll go practice in ranked later.

Hi there, I hope im right, but I was under the assumption that your rank only changed every x amount of games. and the new system only showed your predicted rank. However i might be wrong about that

Indeed you are.

The predicted part is just for your 10 placements.

After that, you get to see it go up and down with the adjustments every game.

thanks for clarifying, i wasnt entierly sure

1 Like

Was a much better ranking system in OW1.

It was exactly the same.

Do some placements, end up placed pretty much exactly where you were previously… do a match, win or lose some SR, that is adjusted slight based on some parameters. As it is now.

No it’s not. You play in placements all the time. Hardly the same at all.

Season 1 to 8, that was wrong… there were no placements. As they confirmed at blizzcon that “placements would return”, which they now have.

Season 9 you have 10 placements, then you play games.

I’m glad they got rid of the constant placements from S1-8. Such a stupid idea to bring that into OW.

At least now we just have one set of placements then we get instant feedback per each game.

2 Likes