Competitive changes - great stuff!

Morning!

So there’s going to be competitive changes, which means the 5 loss 15 win is being scrapped. They’re bringing back the 10 games, either win or lose, AND if you climb up a placement after a match, your placement changes straight after, so there’s no need to wait until all placement games are finished.

I’m so glad they’ve finally acknowledged this after a year+. I’m looking forward to seeing how this new system will play out.

Best regards,

Wolfex

Yes, they talked about this during blizzcon.

1 Like

It was a stupid idea in the first place to make it so no change was shown until maybe 7/10 wins were made over what was it, 15 matches?
Blizzard only changed their minds once a content creator explained the obvious - what other players had been pointing out, pretty much confirming they respond to creators rather than the general pop. Simp comes to mind.

Dota/R6/AOE, and previously OW, use the concept of whether its a win/loss/draw, some change will happen to your rank/SR. I have no idea why Blizzard went down the route of pandering and holding back such results :confused:

At least they’re rolling back these changes so we can physically see any manipulations happening to the rank, or just general updates to the rank. Likely we’ll poke bugs at the new system then they’ll just roll back further to what OW was :clown_face:

The most pleasant rgds,
bubs

1 Like

If they replaced the rank “xp bar” that they showed off with a number value, it would basically be sr.

I’m just hoping they will be more transparent about everything that affects our rank changes like they showed at blizzcon.

1 Like

Yeah, what they showed looked good. Won’t change anything about the games, but should give some people less to moan about.

I’ll just be happy with the information, and what they seemed to be planning with the periodic placement matches.

Yeah. It’ll be interesting to see. Certainly will look better than the nonsense we have now.

But ultimately it will be the same SR system under it that hasn’t gone anywhere, and the same MMR (but with a very soft reset). In the end, everyone will end up exactly where they should be again.

Even if everyone will end back where they are now, it will probably still be a bit better for solo players with what was discussed by the devs.

The solo player queue sounds good to me as a solo queueing comp player. To not be placed against groups would be nice.

yeah. I am not sure it will function much differently to now… but they need to keep there eyes on it, so if you do get stacks, other teams have the same stack structure.

Right now it happens most of the time, but with stacks being loser it will need to be a lot more often. Hopefully, it will only mean longer queues for stacks in the end.

It would definitely mean longer queue times, but if it helps with the game experience it will be worth it.

1 Like

it’s still a worse version of what we had in OW1. They’re not gonna give you the exact numbers with this new system, so they are still allowing themselves some wiggle room to manipulate the ranks.

1 Like

If you prefer a number to a bar… yes.

If you prefer a bar to a number… no

That is the only difference.

You can request the number yourself btw, just click on contact support and data protection. You can request your specific SR number from there.

True. If only they’d go back to how it was, but doesn’t seem likely. Hopefully the new system will be good.