Competitive ranking

The last TWO times I’ve won my five competitive matches, my ranked hasn’t changed one bit despite playing at least better than 83% of the people in my ranking. In fact, the first time I won five matches, I somehow ranked DOWN. This literally doesn’t make any sense to me whatsoever. What exactly is the point of playing well (better than at least 83% and at most 90% of the people I’m currently playing with) if I won’t even rank up? Make it make sense, please.

More information needed

To start… How many losses?

If you lose 5 before you accumulate your 5 wins, nothing happens.

If you lose more than 5 with your 5 wins, you start slipping down.

If you actively keep winning with no losses at all, could be bugged.

like seven??? but almost always having top heals. like out of everyone in the match. if not top, second. it’s so frustrating

There’s your reason then.

You’ve lost SR.

If you’re losing more than you win, you can’t expect to climb.

but like…I’M not playing poorly? you know? it’s like a broken ranking system. I main healers. I can only heal so much, you know? if people can’t acknowledge that and back up, that shouldn’t be on ME. It should be based on the actual player not wins v loses

And?
Wins and losses carry a heavy weighting.

Do more damage and get more kills, you’ll probably win a few more games.

There are adjustments for this, but you have to win. If you lose, did you really play that well…

As a support, heal botting isn’t the play. As much as the game seems to encourage it.

It is about how you perform. So it’s weird how you’re moving down, even after 7 losses. I had 6/7 losses, and 5 wins and I still climbed 2 x higher in rank.

It isn’t. It’s about winning, how you perform counts for small adjustments.

You have to win consistently.

As a hint for maining supports. Always check if your location is good.

If you’re dying a lot try to position better and if you identify an enemy that keeps being the one with most impact, ping them. Be it sniper or flanker, ping them.

As a support you have a unique position where you see the entire battle most of the time. most often you are the only one that sees a flank coming and if you don’t ping it while doing your best to deter it, then your team is dead.
With pinging the flankers you are giving your team a fighting chance.

If your team does not help you, pick a support with whom you know you can survive better (moira is a good bronze and silver option, it’s more difficult to be a good all rounder in high gold and onwards with her though)

If the enemy has a person playing the same hero as you, aim to be better than them. Get those kills and finish off low health opponents when you see them.
(I once had 20 elims and 15k healing with mercy).

1 Like

Hypocritical much. You’ve ALWAYS said it’s about performance. Now you’re changing your views lol

1 Like

Mmr adjusts with performance, with high mmr you gain a bit more sr per win, which could explain 6 losses but still climbing like you had.

Low mmr makes you derank faster. Even with 4 losses 5 wins

1 Like

Maybe that was a little under handed. I got to the gym and play football multiple times a week, but thanks for your concern V. But you should know “lifting” won’t make you healthy, considering it’s your job, that’s pretty poor advice.

No, SR was adjusted by performance related metrics.

MMR is mostly just wins and losses (as confirmed in the dev updates)

As said above, if you’re in a rank that’s above your current MMR, you’ll need to win a lot more to climb. If your MMR is higher, you can probably jump with a 5-3/5-4 record.

If you think that, then that just shows how clueless you really are champ. Stick to the stuff you actually know about (if that’s anything). I highly doubt you even play sport or go to the gym.

Funny, you’ve always said the opposite in the past. But ok, you do you. Attacking the OP isn’t helping anyone.

2 Likes

Making stuff up whilst attacking me… Brave.

You can doubt all you like, I don’t need your approval for what I do lol.

Haven’t made any stuff up…

Oh you don’t, I agree. But you thinking lifting weights don’t make you healthy when you supposedly do it yourself, is a bit worrying.

I do in in conjunction with many many other things. The context seems to have gone over your head.

Just stop. You’ve already derailed the thread.

What context. You said lifting weights isn’t healthy, when it actually is, I’m simply stating facts, you may want to do some research instead of always trolling a guy for working in a gym. (weird insults to someone that benefits peoples lives for a living)

2 Likes

bro youre the one that derails every single thread

2 Likes