Competitive results due to leavers

There’s a report system of which Blizzard were claiming they’re upgrading going into Overwatch 2. They apparently record logs and voice chat. You have all the data you need to stamp this out by punishing those being toxic for instance but muting them, or banning them - that will certainly put a stop to it going forward for the genuine players.

Saying that my idea is pointless because it will result in a toxic/hostile environment is a very odd reason to avoid coming up with a better solution to leavers for everyone else.

Instead you should look towards Blizzard’s (obviously failed) attempt at stamping out toxicity/hostility in the game if that is your reasoning and work on developing that further along side this improvement on leavers. Now PVE is out of the question although that was the whole point in ending OW1 (a great game) to this, there should be plenty of resource to develop such solutions.

Depends, they can force mute players, or just ban them as they would do for hacking. Though an initial temp mute would be sufficient I guess followed by a warning of what could happen if they do it again…

BTW Pachi, when I say ‘you’, I mean Blizzard ofcourse… I don’t really know your relationship with them other than you have ‘MVP’ under your name. But still, I just hope after all these years, that Blizzard will finally review this.

2 Likes

The report system is fully automated so don’t expect anything substantial from it. For the punishments to be applied it needs a somewhat high number of reports in a relative short time span. Someone did an experiment on a custom server, he mass reported himself (10-12 reports with other alts) and he got banned in 1 day.

happens the most in plat and diamond due to the ego and rage of every player there :wink: I had 1-2 leavers per weak.

Blizzard were marketing the fact that they were enhancing this system (they did give it some sort of name…), they have all the data they need should they want to stamp out such hositility/toxicity which for some reason, is a reason to avoid dealing with the issue of leavers in a positive way for all players.

1 Like

This is still continuing to be an issue, even more so in Season 6.

1 Like

Tonight, it has happened all too frequently again.

1 Like

Same with me yesterday. Leavers throwing a hissy fit at the end.

1 Like

This is still continuing to be an issue, again today, more leavers.

What the hell is going on with Blizzard Battle.Net if leavers are happening this often. On top of that, just had a thrower who told the team he’s going to go AFK if something he said wasn’t do - he went AFK throughout the rest of the match although we were winning.

Unsure how they expect people to rank up if we’re held back by leavers.

1 Like

Just for reference, I played CS competitive for over 5 hours straight the other weekend. Not once did I, or either team, get a leaver.

We had someone who had to restart for some reason, and the lobby went into a 2 minute pause until he rejoined, and it continued.

Something that a real AAA game does.

I’m going to tell you the same thing people tell me when complaining about leavers since i only play qp.

Its only competative. Competitive does not matter because i do not play it. Let people abandon the match how they see fit. Who care about your time being wasted, its only competitive.

But yeah leavers and afkers are a pain in the rear end no matter what mode

Who cares about my time being wasted? The developers, Blizzard. They should care about their game, the match quality.

It’s cute that you go off what people tell you. You carry on not caring, it’s fine.

1 Like

This is still continuing to be an issue this evening. When is it going to end?

1 Like

Had some leavers the other day in ranked. So annoying how it keeps happening.

2 Likes

don’t worry guys its only ranked its not like you are in some kind of serious tournament like a pro player

Yep. Please don’t worry about it buddy, as you said, you go off what people tell you, so please, continue doing that if it makes you happy :slight_smile: We can fight our own corners.

1 Like

This is still continuing to be an issue today… :confused:

1 Like

Sadly it’s f2p now so the people will just make new accounts after getting these ones banned due to leaving.

Leavers dont seem to get punished anyway, so if they got banned they probably got banned for something else.

This thread is about competitive leavers, and you definitely get punished for leaving a comp game. First offence 5 mins i think and goes up from there.
After a week punishment it’s season punishment and after that it’s for good i think.

Ah right , i dont play comp alot. So i figured it was the same as leavers in QP. Nothing is done about it. Then there really is little to complain about since leavers in comp do get punished.

tho blizz probably should concider ip bans instead of account bans. But with vpns these days idk if that would be effective either

Hardware bans would work better, but if they get that wrong(which is possible) it would cause more damage.

Qp leaver xp punishment doesn’t work. It might work better if you got more xp if you stay from start to finnish.