Consistent Freezing upon Death during and after Killcam (with video)

Recently, I’ve been having random troubles in game with it automatically dropping me from the match probably from packet loss (which I can’t fix because I’m on dorm internet) and also my game deciding to freeze almost every time I die. I used Nvidia shadowplay to record when this was happening to me and I have two videos of it happening right here and also here where the first video left off. I’m gonna leave a list of interesting timestamps where it happens to me, and I want to note the strange behavior before and after the freezes, including incorrect/missing music, incorrect camera angles, etc. During the freezes, it can also look like the in game timer skips ahead, and I think that’s because Nvidia Shadowplay doesn’t record when a window is not responding in Windows. Anyway, in the first video, there are freezes starting at 0:34, and 4:25, and in the second video, it freezes and/or returns to the intro screen at 0:00, 0:15, 0:27, 1:00, 1:15, 4:55, 5:09, 5:36, 5:54, 6:00, 6:13, 7:31, 7:45, (at 8:23 I died and it didn’t happen), 8:50, 9:02, 10:29, and finally 10:41. It’s a lot of timestamps, and after writing this down, I seem to notice that the “map introduction screen” thing happens after every time that the game itself freezes, but just about 12-15 seconds afterwards.

Now, as for steps I’ve taken to try and fix this, I have:

• Reinstalled my graphics drivers on a clean installation
  • Scanned and repaired files for my Overwatch installation (on Live NA server and on PTR)
  • Restarted my computer many times
  • And closed all other possibly interfering applications including Nvidia GeForce Experience and Nvidia Shadowplay

The things I have not yet tried that I suspect might make a difference:

• Fully uninstalling and reinstalling the game (I will likely try it on the PTR build first to test)
  • Reverting back to using my GTX 1060 3GB (this is a last resort item though. I never experienced these issues on this graphics card, but I have only very recently been encountering the issues, as it’s been almost 2 weeks since I installed my brand new 980Ti without any issues previously.)
  • Underclocking/Undervolting CPU/GPU to test stability (I currently run stock settings on both my CPU and GPU, so I don’t think this would be the issue and would probably introduce more problems than it solves.)

Recent changes I’ve made to my system hardware:

• Replaced system power supply with a higher wattage one to support…
  • New GTX980Ti, installed at the same time as the power supply about two weeks ago
  • Moved my RAM positions on my motherboard so they would support dual-channel speeds, I accidentally put one of my 2x4GB sticks in the wrong spot, and so I swapped the position of it and my 1x8GB stick so that my system would use the 2x4 pair in dual channel with the 1x8 in single channel, and I had also noticed previously that my system was bugging and reserving half of my total RAM for system usage before this and it is acting normally after this change.

I understand there are a loooot of variables in a situation like this, but I really want to find a solution to this, because until I do, it makes me completely unable to play competitive matches in fear of disconnecting from the match and being a detriment to my team. There’s simply too much to lose to be worth the risk of playing as long as this bug is still happening to me.

Edit: Editing to add a WinMTR log and DXDiag

Here we go, here’s the pastebin for my WinMTR: pastebin. com/fa7gpv7p (link broken on purpose because I’m not allowed to post links apparently even though my original post had two)
I stopped it a little bit after it first happened, but I wanted to note that it wasn’t the major freezes like what was happening in the videos, it was more of a 2-3 second snag that happened after I died and waited to respawn.
And here’s the pastebin for my DXDiag: pastebin. com/y7FDMJZS
I’m not sure if there’s anything of note in here because it’s a long text file and I’m not gonna look through it myself if I don’t know what I’m looking for.