Constant crashing recently, no clue why

I keep getting an “unexpected error” causing overwatch to crash and boot me. Not every single game but randomly every 1-4 games or so. Is always has an error code that doesn’t help. Most recently was EC02EFC9-DDE7-444D-BDA3-A31A939223CA

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Same has been happening to me

Same happened to me twice, and I’m afraid I will get banned because of this stupid new system if punishing people leaving from unranked.

In unranked, it’ll only be a time-out and not a permanent ban.

If it was comp, you could get permanently banned from the mode.

Yeah i’ve stopped playing comp entirely as it happened a couple of times and I got a temp ban and ranked way lower than where i was. Pretty much stopped playing quickplay too other than checking in to see if the issue still persists. I’ve tried uninstalling, RAM integrity tests, all kinds of crap and no clue what the issue is. It’s hard to see it being hardware or connection on my end as nothing changed, and no other games have problems. No idea where I’m meant to go with this issue but will probably just end up uninstalling.

Hi DarthSizzler, for your crashes and error issue you’ll need to check you’ve done the steps here.

From those steps you’ll need to look into your graphics drivers, as the error you’ve given is graphics related. You can use the uninstaller to remove any old drivers you have as well as the current ones, then install the latest drivers.

After that if the issues continue you can report this further by ticket and provide your system’s report files with that error code.