Constant server disconnects

Since the new season launched, my game has been disconnecting at random, often multiple times in a session. I thought, no problem, new season = teething issues, it’ll sort itself out. Well, it didn’t, and more importantly I seem to be the only person having these problems. My internet is fine because I am watching streams and doing various things at the same time (this has never been a problem before). I can’t play ranked because it could kick me out at any moment. Now I can’t even play quickplay and do my weekly challenges because it’s started to give timeouts when I get disconnected. Now all game modes have a symbol with an exclamation mark on them. Does anyone know what this symbol means? Or is anybody else having these issues?

Edit: I am on PC, wired connection, fwiw. I see that a few people in the UK have been having a similar problem since the last shop reset. I am in the UK but the issue seems to be mostly associated with Vodafone, while I am with Plusnet. The issue for me is also happening at random, at first only in menus but then at any time from twice in one ranked match (ouch) to letting me play an entire session with my friends before disconnecting.

5 Likes

I’m getting it too. There are many complaints. You’re not alone.

1 Like

You are definitely not alone. Those symbols you see indicate that there is going to be an issue with your connection. As soon as you see the arrow shape symbol as well then that’s when the real lag begins and indeed you are in danger of disconnecting. Send multiple emails for this but it’s always the same steps and come on, 2024 who hasn’t got a fast connection! They will never admit it’s their servers and of course NOTHING will ever be done to fix this

1 Like

yep just got a 24 hour ban becasue of this

1 Like

I never had any problems before and today I finale try comp I get 2 disconnects in 5 games and one second half I couldnt do anything just die . Never had this in quick play now I am banned for 15 minuts. Ok I play on switch but this shouldnt be a problem

1 Like

I have the same issue! I didn’t use to have any connection problems until say 3 weeks ago. I also get banned for disconnecting and have to wait 3 hours just to play again. It is understandable that using a switch could affect however as you’ve stated it shouldn’t be a problem!

My game has also been disconnecting since the season prior it wasn’t bad and would only disconnect once a week, but now I cant even enter the intro screen without it kicking me out and having those red letters saying ‘Disconnected from server’ I have tried everything in their forums, contacted our WI-FI provider and really just everything. I have also submitted a ticket to see if they could give me and answer but was just given the same link to the forums I had already followed.

Yes, I have re-started my router, I have renewed my IP, flushed the DNS, and everything is up to date. I uninstalled the game and even scanned it for any corrupted files but still nothing.

Anyone, now It’s the same in quick play come on blizzard do something . Now my endorcement level goes down . Nice game all shook up . I dont get it I really don’t

same here… disconnects randomly and really quickly. Currently have a 2 hour ban bc of it. Only started being an issue for me this season!

I’ve been around since ow2 and I’ve seen disconnects like this but not this much. Every game is just a disconnect, you can’t even sit through an entire game without the server disconnecting.

What the hell is going on??

That’s strange. Outside of event and season change updates, i can count with one hand the amount of times i’ve been kicked out of a match. (Ever since 2016)

Server errors usually don’t kick people out, just starts a new map for the people in the match. And you don’t get penalties for that.

Outside of game server issues, it could just be the way your internet provider has routed their traffic.